Ordering HD PPV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paulus

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
When I try to order an HD PPV movie through the Dish website, the order screen only shows me the SD versions. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks. I am able to see HD and SD. I logged into MyDISH.com then I went to Order PPV. At the top of the page there is a video format button, select HD from that drop down. I clicked on Interstellar and it shows HD 504 and 3 other channels which are SD. Then under order movie the red dot should automatically be on HD.

I checked but I can't find that option. Here is a screenshot of my Order PPV screen:

upload_2015-4-3_14-29-37.png
upload_2015-4-3_14-29-37.png

I can check if I can order it for you on my end. Please private message me the account/phone number as well as the 4 Digit Security Code you created.

Hello Andrea,

I'm going to restart my PC because I can open the conversation window but there is no button to send my message. I will be back in a few minutes.

Interesting. We had some issues with our site earlier but I thought that had been resolved. Which receiver do you have?

This has been a issue for quite a while. I am in PR and I have the same issue. I cannot order any HD PPV from Dish website. I was able to order recently using a Dish CSR Cricket World Cup PPV on dish though mydish only listed as SD to me. I have VIP 722K.

Recently PPV this time for a movie cant even order HD via Dish CSR. Had to settle for the SD.

I wanted to add that it also says that you can go to the Order On Demand page, type in the Order ID for movies on 501, and use the code. Whenever I type in the Order ID, it always gives me this error. "The Order ID you entered could not be found. Please check the number and try again."

I have the same trouble. Only shows in SD. Wonder if it is a Firefox thing.

...nope... same screen as shown above in Google Chrome and Firefox.

I still can't order HD PPV from the Dish Network website. One thing I have noticed is that when I go to the order page (like the one shown in post #5) the HD/SD selection box appears briefly where the word "filter" is but then it disappears. It does this in both Firefox and IE. Is this a problem with the web page or does the Dish Network system think I can't watch HD content?

Alaska, Hawaii, PR, and the U.S. VI have limitations to what they can subscribe and what they can access on mydish.com.

Thanks for the comment ChadT41. However, I'm in Texas plus Yespage (post #13) has the same problem in Ohio.

Just for so, I tried ordering a PPV film using the toll free number. After I had worked my way through all the prompts I got a recorded announcement saying that my account doesn't support HD. I stayed on the line and spoke to a CSR. While she wasn't able to fix my account she did order the film for me.

What would cause the Dish system to say my account didn't support HD even though my account shows the correct VIP receiver and I have the HD package?

If their system is not tracking that you have the right satellites, such as only 119/110 then that would make sense. There is no way for a customer to know what their system says either. It is only on the company side, and is used internally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)