OTA antennas for 60 plus miles from xmitter

Bannor

Original poster
May 23, 2004
For those of us in places like Warrenton, VA where the Washington DC stations are over 60 miles away, anyone have a suggestion for a good OTA antenna for HD?
Titan TV and Antenna Web don't give me much hope for anything but a huge multi element Prostar 88 with preamp, but I just don't believe it. Anyways, why would I need a preamp for digital?....analog sure , but not digital.

Bannor said:
Anyways, why would I need a preamp for digital?....analog sure , but not digital.

Amps can be just as effective on digital signals. I'm getting most of the Chicago digital stations at 80+ miles with a 4228 and an amp. Without the amp, I can't get anything.

However, the same setup kills my Milwaukee locals (7 miles to tower). If I remove the amp, I get perfect reception of the closer locals. So, yes, the preamp works on digital OTA signals - sometimes too well.

Dave

What kind of amp do you use ?

I have tried both channel master amp so far and see absolutely no or very little different. I have tried the Channel Max Model 3039 and the 7777 which I bought locally. My OTA singel meter goes up and down very eratically. Don't know why, still working on a solution. I using a Radioshack outdoor UHF antenna.

Khanh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts