Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
This just started showing up at the bottom of most pages. Not sure how useful it is as it lists threads that are years old.

Is the test over? I see no such words, much less in all caps.

upload_2015-4-22_15-33-19.png

Aha! Now it's showing up for me. (If that was there before, I somehow overlooked it.)

I don't even notice it unless I specifically look for it. When I get down to the quick reply box I post or move on.

I don't even notice it unless I specifically look for it. When I get down to the quick reply box I post or move on.
A lot of my time is spent in the Watched Threads list, which is usually less than a page, so I see it every time.

Unfortunately, this caused me to turn adblock back on.

And people turning on adblock will be a legitimate part of that beta test ;)

I will see if I can write code so people can turn it off. :) (Although I am still not 100% sure of what this does yet, or how its updated)

Me neither. The same threads have been displayed since this afternoon at least.

Since adding it, it has given out 148,270 different recommendations. I am told it is learning now of what interests you.

I just saw a different mix in my Watch Threads, but at the bottom of this thread it goes back to the one I screenshot earlier today.

Reactions: Tampa8
Puerto Rico Mux is the first one in my list. Not sure how that matched anything I visited on this site, or anywhere else.

I didn't even notice it until I read this thread and then scrolled down to see what it was about. Doesn't bother me any. Puerto Rico Mux is the first one in my list too.

Same for me now.

According to Google... "One goal of Matched content is to increase user engagement. Your page RPM and other metrics might be affected by this increase."

I told them I would try it for a week. So far not impressed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 9.04.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 9.04.34 PM.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts