OUR CHRISTMAS POLL #1--"TREE TYPE" AT YOUR PLACE?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

What kind of Christmas Tree do you put up in your home?

• Real (cut by you or pre-cut)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Artificial

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Small, (ceramic, plastic, etc, smaller than standard)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Tree--but we do decorate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Fake tree this year, but some years we do a real one.

Real. Although this years tree has been a REAL pain in the you know what. My wife picked it out and told her it was too fat in our house. She told me it would be fine. So cut it down got it home and guess what it was too fat.

I went out shopping and came home to find the tree setup in the corner of my living room. My wife made it fit by cutting off the back corner of branches. and then shoved it in the corner.

Only problem is... well not the tree is "front heavy" so last night it fell over.

I think I fixed the problem by using a few wedges under the front of the tree holder and adjusted the tree in the holder so it looks straight.

Maybe next year when I tell her its too fat she will listen to me. :D

I have always been a fan of getting my own tree. One of those special family outings into the forest. But the last two years we opted for a small 4' simulated tree. At least it's green ;)

@Scott Greczkowski tie a small rope or wire around the top and fix the rope to wall some how. Go around the trunk and to the wall behind so it is inconspicuous.

Although we occasionally use a real tree I answered artificial because most years that's what we use. I won't give company names but about 10 years ago we bought a 9' "name brand" tree from a "home improvement store". It was a day after christmas sale for 75% off. We were originally looking for a 7' to 7 1/2' but those were sold out and the 9' tree on display looked great. We thought we got a great deal - until we got it home and put it together. The branches were spaced far enough apart that you see light through it. After some choice words and complaining, in my traditional handyman style I told my wife I could make it work. So, I "chopped down" the 9' tree to 7 1/2' and moved the rings where the branches attach closer together. It looked great when I was done and cost far less than a similiar tree would have. Fast forward about ten years and we are still using it. Guess I did a good job because we have surprised many people when they found out it was artificial and not real, and I have received many compliments for my work.:)

Reactions: KE4EST
Artificial. I never have been able to reconcile the birth of the Savior of the world with the act of killing a living thing and dragging it in the house for display.

Obviously I don't enjoy the Rockefeller Center tree lighting program every year either. They interview some family who describe how their grandparents planted that tree, or some such, and it means so much to their family so they decided to let it be cut down and hauled away, and ground up for mulch after the holiday.

We cut enough trees throughout the year, so its nothing I really feel like dealing with at Christmas, therefore artificial for my home.

Cool idea rjruby for changing the color of the christmas tree. I have artificial christmas trees. I always liked the fiber optic ones that I have seen in the past. Now that I think of it, I do not remember seeing any at Lowes, Wal-Mart or Sam's Club this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)