Output connections on VOOM box

oncewaslost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Hi All,

I don't have a voom box but it sounds very interesting.
What output connections do they have? Can they down convert HD to 480i through standard RCA? Can they also tune standard digital TV?

Thanks!

I don't have my Voombox anymore (it's on loan), but if I remember right, it has a DVI/YPbPr/ and at least one AV jack (maybe 2). You can set the Voombox to 480i/480p/720p/1080i/ or Auto. So, it does downconvert, but it will only play in the mode it's set for. And it tunes all modes of ATSC digital, as best as I can remember.

Al

Welcome to the Forum!

They also have S-video,2 A\V and a coax output. If you buy one make sure it is activated. It will be useless unless it was in service when Voom went dark. I have 3 and they do a great job.

I happen to have one on ebay right now too....ahem.....

But yes, they do have DVI, Component, S-Video, Composite, and even coax RF output. Audio can be taken from the RCA jacks or the optical output. Audio also comes through the coax if you go that route. You can select the video mode you want (1080i, 720p, 480p, or 480i), but it really doesn't do much if you're watching on a standard def TV. You can, however, tell it how to display wide format images on your narrow TV and narrow images on a wide TV. I only have a standard def TV, and I use the Voom receiver daily with S-Video output. The HD broadcasts really come in sharp on the standard TV too.

I use a Cable Plus device to modulate the RCA output of different devices to unused UHF channels, combine with my OTA to distribute throughout the house.
I only have one HDTV, the other umm... 7 are not.

Also It would provide a way to record to DVD recorder.

THANKS!

Thanks,

Sounds like I could use one!

I got lucky and got 2 good units from ebay. Beware the new-in-box units as they will not work for ota reception, or anything else!. It is kind of a crap shoot and you ahqve to pay shipping to get a bad unit. Check the feedback. Perhaps you might send a pm to hammer(?) who said he has one on ebay right now to get the item number. Should not get a bummer from him.

Wow!

One just went for $76. +$19.95 shipping and another one has 39 bids @ $159.50.
For these prices, maybe a good used Samsung HDTV tuner would be a better choice.

Wow!

One just went for $76. +$19.95 shipping and another one has 39 bids @ $159.50.
For these prices, maybe a good used Samsung HDTV tuner would be a better choice.

I am seeing that an I am blown away by the prices. How about the JFK Texas School Book Assassination perch window now on ebay for $3,000,700.01 with 1 day to go!

I have a DSR 550, but am having trouble getting Local OTA broadcast channels. I cannot input the channels directly, (Ido have a remote) and using the "search All channels" feature in the Voom menu the unit seems to be trying to download information from the satellite (unsuccessfully) and eventually revert to the favorite channels already programed in the unit when I got it. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! thanks!

I have a DSR 550, but am having trouble getting Local OTA broadcast channels. I cannot input the channels directly, (Ido have a remote) and using the "search All channels" feature in the Voom menu the unit seems to be trying to download information from the satellite (unsuccessfully) and eventually revert to the favorite channels already programed in the unit when I got it. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! thanks!

Did you do a channel scan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)