Overwatch Thread

I have been asking for a way to save the highlights since the game came out. I can't imagine that they would bring in this feature and not let you access the video file directly on your PC or at least upload to Youtube from within the game.
It also brings up the question of how they'd do it for PS4 and Xbox One, since they have their own recording methods baked into the firmware.

Blizzard is now releasing "Blizzard Collectables" which appear to be high quality figurines of various Blizzard characters. For Overwatch, they're starting with Widowmaker.

You can preorder now from the Blizzard Gear store for $150. If that's a bit too much, you can always go and get a smaller purchase, like the $40 World of Warcraft Cookbook.

Apparently there's a guy who made a really cool D.VA costume and he lets people take pictures in it at various conventions.

Unless there is a lot more money in selling cheat software than I think there is this company will not have enough money to pay Blizzard the $8.6 million plus legal fees that they are owed.

This was probably never about the money for Blizzard anyways. It was about slapping them with a big enough lawsuit to shut them down and discourage other companies from trying to sell aimbots for Blizzard games in the future.

Either way these guys get no sympathy from me. They were selling software designed to ruin the gaming experience for people and they didn't even bother to try to defend this case in court.

Not just the a new comic. Apparently there is an Omnic Uprising event starting tomorrow that is related to this comic. Some of the event skins leaked this weekend.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/10/overwatchs-omnic-uprising-skins-seem-to-have-leaked

Not just the a new comic. Apparently there is an Omnic Uprising event starting tomorrow that is related to this comic. Some of the event skins leaked this weekend.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/10/overwatchs-omnic-uprising-skins-seem-to-have-leaked

tumblr_nwbs9xppPt1ruza0go1_250.gif

Sadly the timing of this isn't ideal. Yooka Laylee is coming tomorrow and I'm expecting Bulletstorm either today or tomorrow as well. I was going to shelve YL for a while but a video I posted about the game garnered a lot of attention (and by a "lot" I mean just under 1k views) so now I feel a sort of obligation to jump right into the game and finish it ASAP to follow up.

tumblr_nwbs9xppPt1ruza0go1_250.gif

Sadly the timing of this isn't ideal. Yooka Laylee is coming tomorrow and I'm expecting Bulletstorm either today or tomorrow as well. I was going to shelve YL for a while but a video I posted about the game garnered a lot of attention (and by a "lot" I mean just under 1k views) so now I feel a sort of obligation to jump right into the game and finish it ASAP to follow up.

Dang! That's a lot of views. This is my busiest week of the year so I'm going to have a lot of late nights and not as much time to play games. Luckily most of these events last for several weeks and I am going to have some time off next week after we finish up tax season.

A bunch of details have leaked out about the Overwatch event starting tomorrow.

First off, the new game mode they're having appears to basically be a modified horde mode, where Mercy, Tracer, Reinhardt, and Torbjorn are the only selectable characters, similar to what was done with Junkenstein's Revenge. Also, there's a bunch of new skins/poses/etc coming as well. It'll run from April 11 to May 1.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/10/15...rection-event-details-leak-new-skins-blizzard

Jeff Kaplan (Director of Overwatch) confirms what we've all long suspected, that the vast majority of Internet comments about games (present company excluded) are dumb.

I forgot that Overwatch is nearly a year old. Curious as to what Blizzard has planned for May 24. Be funny if they nerfed the game back to its original release to show people how much the game and characters changed after 1 year.

Ok yourbeliefs I know you have talked about trying Heroes of the Storm at some point but now you have no choice. You will be playing at least 5 matches with me during the second week of the HoTS 2.0 launch event.

I started the video at the relevant point but the whole thing is worth checking out. Basically if you play at least 5 matches with a friend during each week of the event you get that week's items in both Overwatch and HoTS. Week two is an awesome looking D.Va skin for Overwatch and some mounts for HoTS.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you don't want to play week 1 as well to get that Genji Oni skin.

And seeing as that D.VA skin is the closest I'm probably going to get to an ED-209 skin for her I'm all in.

I'm surprised you don't want to play week 1 as well to get that Genji Oni skin.

And seeing as that D.VA skin is the closest I'm probably going to get to an ED-209 skin for her I'm all in.

I do. I also want to play the final week for the 10 loot boxes in both games but I figured that asking you to play 15 matches of a MOBA was going to be a harder sell than asking you to play 5.

I do. I also want to play the final week for the 10 loot boxes in both games but I figured that asking you to play 15 matches of a MOBA was going to be a harder sell than asking you to play 5.
yeah well I definitely want the loot boxes as well and the Genji skin is pretty nice. I guess HoTS is moving to the front of the line. I'll do the tutorial and play around a bit tonight with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts