Not open for further replies.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
I keep getting pages hanging with "waiting for marci1509.getmarci.com" Going to that site it is a music player I assume the one used here?

No one else? Still getting this hang-up sometimes.

yes I get that "hang" all the time even though I have the music thing turned off
and yes its from this site

I have a script blocker added to Chrome, and by default it blocks everything. I have it disabled for satelliteguys.us. If I want to listen to the music, I just click on the "Listen Now" link, and have streamlicensing.com unblocked. I always wondered what getmarci was since it was in the list of blocked items, but didn't really care since the site still works fine. (and no, I'm not blocking ads).

I figured out it was from here one time I was deleting my cookies and within a minute of deleting it, that showed back up (I was on the site)
If I delete cookies and am on any other site it doesnt show back up ;)

Reactions: Tampa8
Getmarci is the service which shows you what song is currently playing on SatelliteGuys radio. (It keeps us in compliance with the silly internet radio rules)

It's definitely making pages hang seems especially when I am replying. Not every time.

Reactions: Mr Tony
It should not make any pages freeze since its loaded in an iframe, however you would still see it trying to load at the bottom of your display if there was an issue.

I just wish when you turned it off it would disappear completely (so that it doesnt keep trying to reload every song).

It dosen't or I should say shouldn't.

When we first added it it was a HTML that refreshed itself every so many seconds, but now its a javascript and does not do any reloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)