PAS 6 SB1 Satellite

Discussion in 'C-BAND Satellite Discussion' started by darlifs, Aug 31, 2007.

1. darlifs

darlifs Thread Starter Member

I'm in Florida, and I'm to install my big dish to get the Sky TV from Brazil, which are on PAS 6 SB1 satellite, and I bought the 240cm dish, I want to know what LNB I should use, I've seen another dish with the same system, but I can't find the LNB like they have, its look like chaparral, but I don't know what degree, I try to instal one BSC621, but I can't find the signal. Is there somebody that can help me???? Thanks

2. voomvoom

voomvoom SatelliteGuys Family

Hopefully someone else will get you straightened out. My guess would be it's one of the Circular Satellites over the Atlantic? There should be a Dialectric Plate with the BSC621 for you to slip into the throat, to convert the C-Band signals to Circular. The only other thing it might be, would be you are not lined up correctly? Good Luck!

Al

3. voomvoom

OK, after taking a look at Lyngsat, I see that Sky Brazil is on ku. It is also on Universal frequencies, so you need the BSC621-2 lnbf, which is a Universal lnbf for ku. The BSC621 is a Standard Linear lnbf for ku. Hope this helps.

Al

4. jibaro29

jibaro29 Active SatelliteGuys Member

Not for nothing but I believe PAS 6 SB1 Satellite is Brazil beam only. I live in South Florida and I can't get the signal.

5. darlifs

I'm sure I can install, because I know some place that have it. I've found some information, and I think that I just didn't put dish on correct angle, I'll keep working and if I got luck I'll let you know.

6. darlifs

Thank you very much, you help me, I found the Azim,elev. and lnb angle to adjust and I'll try again to see if its work, anyway I appreciate your attention.

7. darlifs

I'm sorry if I bother you, but I was looking around to see the dish installed with that satellite and the LNB is something like two small retangular and thin box puted one horizontal and another faced perpendicular, I couldn't find that model on website, I'd like to have a picture to show you, and maybe you know better, because I don't know what is the degree of that LNB. thanks.

8. darlifs

I just take a picture of the LNB (my avatar) that are been used here, have you seen it, if you know where I can find, let me know, please.

9. darlifs

I just found some information the Satellite is Panamsat B6 which are transmiting In Ku band, if somebody else knows the LNB like that picture, help me. thanks!

10. voomvoom

You managed to get it in your avatar, why can't you get it in a post. All you have to do is Go Advanced, which is under the Message Box. Go into Attachments you can post the picture.

Al

11. darlifs

I'm learning, thank you for your help.

12. darlifs

Hi voomvoom, there go the picture.

Attached Files:

13. voomvoom

That's a much better picture, but sorry, I don't recognize it. Looks like someone painted it, along with the entire feedhorn assembly? I saved it so I could blow it up, and still can't recognize it. Since you are able to go out and look at it directly, maybe you can tell if it's an ADL-KU-901, as seen in this link:
    ADL Ku-Band Prime Focus Fixed Feeds

Al

VigLink badge
Sucuri