pausing hopper for long period causes a freeze

kevinsickles

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
I typically watch a morning tv show and hit pause then leave for work, The last 2 days when returning home the hopper has been frozen, non-responsive, on the paused screen and I have to hard reset the HWS. Fortunately it has continued to record, other than "breaking" the ongoing recordings with the reset.

I remember an option/setting that would turn off the display after a set time, I can't find the option any more.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I have not seen this specific issue. If you leave and do record the event you can simplyp turn the receiver off and let it record the event to watch it later

I have not seen this specific issue. If you leave and do record the event you can simplyp turn the receiver off and let it record the event to watch it later

Matt agreed, I am actually not pausing the hopper to record the event. It is just a habit to hit pause and leave,

Where did the turn off display after set time setting go?

You are most likely referring to the Inactivity Standby setting. Dish has had this option.

--> Settings --> Diagnostics --> Updates (green icon)

There you can set the time for the Hopper to shut off (standby) with no user activity. Or disable, which is maybe what yours is set to.

...but I think you need to break yourself of that pause habit. ;-)

From now on, run your finger one button further down, and hit the record button. Can come back home and watch it without it frozen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts