Personal Computer Game News

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't see many gamers picking up that controller (at least not initially) when the original 360 controller is half the price of that and works so well already and has a MASSIVE number of games supporting it.

Until there is a USB wireless adapter for PC like there is on 360 I'll be sticking to what I have. My computer is about 15 feet away from where I sit when I play games on my TV so wireless is mandatory. I don't want wires across my living room floor. I got a nice wireless keyboard and gaming mouse to go with my wireless 360 controller for my PC gaming needs.

Plus I don't think this is actually a new product. They said that unlike the 360 the USB charging cable can be used to make a wireless controller wired. It sounds like it's just the original controller plus a batter pack and charging cable. This sounds like a better option for Xbox One users than buying a controller and battery pack separately because you get the battery and cable packed in for the same price as just the controller.

I can't believe Microsoft still doesn't include rechargeable batteries in their controllers standard.

Is Final Fantasy XIII (and possibly its sequels) coming to Steam?

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/final...he-pc-steam-logo-appears-on-official-website/

It's hard to find a modern game as polarizing as FFXIII. I fell out of favor with it rather quickly.

I'm one of the few that can say they have never played a Final Fantasy game. A couple had my interest but for whatever reason I just never got to them. I think my tastes have just always been more geared towards western games. I know that a lot of great stuff has come out of Japan but it's just not usually the stuff that gets me excited. I will say that the Vita has me testing out more Japanese games than ever before though.

meme-faces-are-you-kidding-me-9.jpg

Sorry did not see the post until after the fact I removed mine.

Hardware specs for "The Evil Within" have been released. Not exactly a lightweight. Interesting that my graphics card is listed in the Minimum Requirements.

Recommended PC System Specifications

• 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
    i7 with four plus cores
  • 4 GBs RAM
  • 50 GB of hard drive space*
  • GeForce GTX 670 or equivalent with 4GBs of VRAM
  • High Speed Internet Connection
    Steam account and activation
*It’s worth noting that the 50 GB of space required is for the PC install. When the installation is complete, the game will take up ~41 GB of HDD space.

Minimum Requirements

• GPU: GTX 460 or an equivalent 1 GB VRAM card
  • CPU: i7 or an equivalent 4+ core processor
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • HDD: 50 GB
Speaking of space (and by your request), here are the install sizes for the console versions of the game.

• Xbox One — 40 GB HDD Space
  • PlayStation 4 — 40 GB HDD Space
  • PlayStation 3 — 7 GB HDD Space
  • Xbox 360 — 7 GB
    • Note: The Evil Within requires a mandatory install to the Xbox 360’s HDD or a USB 2.0 (or higher) flash drive.

Here's a little tip for anyone reading this who is thinking of becoming a video game developer. If you decide to make a game and get it submitted to Steam, and for some reason Steam fails to update the status from Early Access to full release, what NOT to do is bash Steam over Twitter, and then top it off with making death threats towards Gabe Newell.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...ed-From-Steam-After-Dev-Threatens-Gabe-Newell

Hey King.. looks like Dark Souls is finally shedding the GFW and going full Steam ahead..

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/20/7025071/dark-souls-pc-games-for-windows-live-gfwl-steam

Nice! When Arkham City made the change the Steam page was flooded with people who lost their saves. I wasn't about to get half way through a hard game like Dark Souls and then have my save become unusable because they are tied to GFWL. It looks like Dark Souls will have a limited time where you can convert your save so that might not have been an issue anyways.

It might be a while because this is happening in the middle of the fall release schedule, but I will give Dark Souls a shot once it's officially patched out. I've had the game tied to my steam account for a long time but I didn't want to mess with it with all the uncertainty around GFWL.

Here is a heads up for PC gamers who may have taken advantage of Gamefly's PC deals. I just received an email from them saying I would no longer be able to download any purchases I made from them after November 7th because they sold off the digital download portion of their service.

Luckily I have never downloaded the games I purchase from them anyways. You can take the CD key they give you and activate those games on Steam, Origin or uPlay depending on the game. I have always activated and downloaded from Steam so I wouldn't have to have yet another game launcher installed on my PC. Just make sure to activate any purchases you have made from Gamefly on another service before November 7th because it's not clear if you will still have access to your CD keys after that date.

P.S.... It's funny that these services still call activation codes CD keys. Even retail discs are sold on DVD now and with online services like Gamefly there isn't even a disc involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts