Personal Computer Game News

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm looking forward to it but I'm making myself wait until I get through the other big Fall releases I have already purchased before I buy any more games that aren't significantly discounted.
Did you get the 25th anniversary edition?

Looks like Evolve Stage 2 is a failure. Turtle Rock hasn't been able to sustain itself after making Evolve F2P so it's stopping development and will move on to other projects. Also, no new updates will be made to the game and its just in maintenance mode. This also means that the console versions will not be getting the Stage 2 updates either.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/26/evolve-support-ends/?sr_source=Facebook

Civilization VI has a little bit of a learning curve. You have to create districts first before you can put some city improvements in it. I did not know this until I played the game.

Looks like Evolve Stage 2 is a failure. Turtle Rock hasn't been able to sustain itself after making Evolve F2P so it's stopping development and will move on to other projects. Also, no new updates will be made to the game and its just in maintenance mode. This also means that the console versions will not be getting the Stage 2 updates either.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/26/evolve-support-ends/?sr_source=Facebook

I could tell by looking at the Steam player count a couple weeks ago that things weren't going well.

And this also may be why they aren't rushing to make Battleborn F2P. It's pretty embarrassing as a publisher to have 2 high profile bombs like that in such a short period of time.

And this also may be why they aren't rushing to make Battleborn F2P. It's pretty embarrassing as a publisher to have 2 high profile bombs like that in such a short period of time.

Yep, and like I said when we were talking about whether Battleborn would go free to play they already knew exactly how much money it brought in for Evolve since they have the same publisher. They already knew it was failing so they don't have much reason to make that investment with Battleborn.

Civilization VI has a little bit of a learning curve. You have to create districts first before you can put some city improvements in it. I did not know this until I played the game.

I'm probably about half way through my first campaign and I really like it so far. I have heard several people in the game industry say it feels they way most Civ games feel after they have had a couple expansions to flesh out the systems and provide more depth. I haven't played the earlier games but I can tell you that Civ VI feels much better than Civ V or Civilization Beyond Earth did before their expansions.

My only gripe with the game so far is that the AI seems much more aggressive. When I started this first campaign I was planning on going for a peaceful science victory as China (picked random civilization). Before I had even reached the Medieval Era England, France, USA, and Norway (twice) had declared war on me completely unprovoked. I had been keeping my military just big enough to fight off barbarian attacks but spending most of my resources on advancing my civ's science and culture.

Because all of these countries kept declaring war on me I was forced to keep building up my military to defend my cities and I eventually ended up with the largest military in the game. I was falling behind on science because so many resources were going towards my military so I decided to switch my focus and go for a domination victory instead. A side benefit is that I am able to wipe out other countries without receiving harsh warmonger penalties that prevent other countries from trading with me or causing them to gang up on me since they are the ones declaring war on me.

Last time I played I was able to capture Boston and Washington to conquer the US. It was strangely satisfying. I'm very close to finishing off Manchester, Bristol, and London to wipe out England and it looks like Norway will be next. It wasn't what I originally planned but China is on their way to complete world domination.

If for some reason you've had a brain aneurysm lately and you thought that buying Infinite Warfare from the Windows 10 store was a good idea, it isn't. In fact, Windows 10 store players can't play with Steam players, because that makes sense.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/3/13...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I would maybe recommend not even buying it from Steam if you also have a console unless you only care about the single player campaign. COD never does nearly as well on PC as it does on consoles.

Even when Black Ops 3 was having a free weekend on Steam I hadn't trouble finding matches. Me and my friends play hardcore kill confirmed almost exclusively. Kill Confirmed isn't as popular as team deatmatch and it's even less popular if you want to play hardcore mode but we have never had trouble with matchmaking on PS4. On Steam during the free weekend I waited in matchmaking for several minutes with no luck. I had to switch to standard team deathmatch to get into a game. Even doing it that way was much slower than on PS4.

If you care about COD multiplayer I highly recommend sticking to the PS4 or Xbox One versions of the game even if you have a PC that is much better than those consoles. If the Steam version is that low populated the Windows 10 store version will be a nightmare. The only thing that would make it worth it is if it was part of the Play Anywhere program so you also got access to the Xbox One version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)