Philips Readies Ultra HD Blu-ray Player for June Release, MSRP Set for $400

R4ych5.jpg

l8Zo5n.jpg

Check out cloud details.

Ordered from Newegg ( had store credit I needed to use ), now have to wait a few days.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Cool deal.

User at AVS with a Samsung display was getting some bad banding on Netflix HDR (Ridiculous 6), but I tested on mine today and I did not have any. Guessing it is a display issue or setup issue, but it is not the Philips fault.

At this price point, so far, this thing hurts the Panny IMO. Don't see paying $699 or whatever it will be.

Oppo better bring it with their model at a decent price point and have good streaming support, because it looks like you will already have good players out and two gaming systems.

Ordered from Newegg ( had store credit I needed to use ), now have to wait a few days.

Do you have a Samsung display? FYI, it seems that Samsungs tend to have a banding issue with this player which I think may be related to the 12-bit output. The Martian disc is one to test, as well as Ridiculous 6 HDR on Netflix (early scene where he busts the bag of flour and it whites out the screen).

No, Vizio M55-C2, will be buying a new TV (love the OLED ) once all the HDR stuff is worked out ( and now HDMI 2.0B or 2.1 ) no HDR that is why I was asking about SDR

Reactions: gadgtfreek
No, Vizio M55-C2, will be buying a new TV (love the OLED ) once all the HDR stuff is worked out ( and now HDMI 2.0B or 2.1 ) no HDR that is why I was asking about SDR

Finally hooked it up last night, just used Netflix UHD (going on a buying spree today for discs ), while playing the same UHD content on both the Roku 4 and Philips, using my Onkyo 747 to switch between them so I use the same TV input and settings, the main thing I notice is a much greater picture on the Philips, sharper, more depth, etc, on the Roku a little softer, still a great picture but the Philips is better, don't know why.

I love how it comes with a copy of Creed. Talk about a random selection. It's going for $299.99 at Best Buy with the Samsung down to $319.99. The Xbox S still packs the best value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)