phillips LCD tv interferes with Directv remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I am assuming there is Infrared being emitted from mom's phillips HDTV because as long as the tv is on the directv receiver won't respond to the remote. if i turn off the tv..the receiver responds fine. i have made picture brightness adjustments and everything to try to solve this. i have moved the receiver to different locations trying to blind the receiver from the tv screen and nothing helps. what can i do aside from buying her another tv?

I figured it out...turn off the "active light control" . it is a feature that monitors room ambient light levels and adjusts the picture automatically. turned it off and voila!! no interference.

There was another model of tv that had the same issue. I can't even remember what brand it was, though.

I figured it out...turn off the "active light control" . it is a feature that monitors room ambient light levels and adjusts the picture automatically. turned it off and voila!! no interference.

Congratulations !
You just saved yourself a lot of money buying a new TV !!!!

Fwiw, my TV also has ambient light sensor and have not had any issues with it, but they probably are working on much different frequencies.
That is the first I have actually heard of this happening with a D* recvr and TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)