Photos From Dish Network Booth

Probably couldn't as it would be ineligible for the coupon program.

My point was that they could have sold all TR-40's so that everyone would have been eligible to use the coupon on it and then the external hard drive could have been added for an additional cost. Basically that would have prevented someone that wanted the DVR version from having to pay the basic $39 cost plus the difference in price. I suppose they could offer a trade in promotion as well so that people could upgrade their free hardware for a more expensive one for an additional cost.

I have one other picture that is from the E* press conference. It is blurry because it is a high-zoom shot (it was only 1/4 of the slide on the screen at the time) but it shows the breakdown of the $10/$20/$30 HD offerings.

The $10 offering is very limited. The $20 is what you have now. The $30 is HD ONLY - no SD. I know they used to offer that for a very short time, looks like they are bringing it back.

This may already be out there, but I don't stay up on E* like I used to. If it is please forgive me :)

Talk about expensive compared to DTV.

My point was that they could have sold all TR-40's so that everyone would have been eligible to use the coupon on it and then the external hard drive could have been added for an additional cost. Basically that would have prevented someone that wanted the DVR version from having to pay the basic $39 cost plus the difference in price. I suppose they could offer a trade in promotion as well so that people could upgrade their free hardware for a more expensive one for an additional cost.

The TR-40 doesn't have HDMI or component outputs, in order to meet the NTIA specs. Plus, it's only a single tuner. It would be pretty useless as a DVR for most of us. Most people who are going to buy TR-40's (to keep old TV's working for awhile) aren't interested in DVR functionality for those TV's.

The TR-50 is really for a different demographic entirely, although there will be some overlap.

Brad

The problem is...

And I'll bet money why: Lack of demand.

not many people know that if your local cable company carries locals in HD then they ride "clear to air" on even basic cable. That's probably the reason for lack of demand. But hey- I know about it and want a solution ;).
Gerry

Does anyone know if the HD Locals will be available in the Wichita, KS DMA?

Thanks!

Dale

:welcome Dale,

Looking at the green dots on the map in the picture, you MIGHT be able to imagine that two of them are Wichita and Topeka. In general, the dots seem to be north of the actual cities.

You can be pretty sure that it won't be until E*11 goes up this summer (at the earliest).

Brad

Sure would...

The $30 hd only package , I like.:)

like to see a posting by Scott or someone on the exact breakdown of the three HD packages. I really am getting tired of paying big bucks for a zillion channels I don't watch and with next months rate hike I believe this is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
It's sad when your TV bill is higher than your electric bill!

Gerry

I have the HD packages in a list but need some help identifying three of the logos.

In the AT250 package, I'm missing a couple of channels. For all I know they could be NHL HD and the FSN HD channels. Looking at the picture in the AT250 package, I'm missing the logo just above the Pay Per View HD and the one below HGTV HD.

For the ultimate HD package, I'm missing one of the channels. It's the logo between Monster HD and NBA TV HD. The channels missing have an asterisk.

This is what I have so far.

Edit:
I'm guessing that the 2 channels missing in the AT250 package are FSN HD and NHL HD. I'm now missing one channel in the Ultimate package. Here is the revised list.

To avoid confusion, I deleted the list in this post. Check at the bottom of the thread for an updated list.

Last edited:
Good Start so far..

I have the HD packages in a list but need some help identifying three of the logos.

In the AT250 package, I'm missing a couple of channels. For all I know they could be NHL HD and the FSN HD channels. Looking at the picture in the AT250 package, I'm missing the logo just above the Pay Per View HD and the one below HGTV HD.

For the ultimate HD package, I'm missing one the channels. The channels missing have an asterisk.

This is what I have so far.

I see from the chart that the HD "essential" package must be tied to the AT tier that you have chosen. I don't see the middle tier ($20) listed on your spreadsheet. The Ultimate must be the "standalone" $30 tier? There is also rumor that for an additional $10 above the ultimate that you can get the premium HDs (HBO, Starz, Max, etc..)...
Gerry

"I don't see the middle tier ($20) listed on your spreadsheet."

That's the last column, the Ultimate package. I didn't do the $29.99 package.

Edit: I added the pricing for the first two packages.

According to masterdeals photo(great photo by the way), HDNET & MHD are included in the HD Essentials package.

HDNet Movies, Universal HD, NBA HD, NHL HD, and the Voom channels (total 19 channels) make up the HD Ultimate package.

I can definately live without those channels if it means saving 10.00 a month. It will offset the 5.00 increase in AEP. If there is a rumored $10.00 premium movie pack with just HBo/SHowtime/Starz/Cinemax, I might add that and top 250 dvr advantage but then I would end up adding about 11.96 more in dvr fees to do so. So it comes down to more movies , or more dvr fees? I sure wish DISH would cut the dvr fees per receiver. THis alone should be killing them in the competition with Directv with one per account and 0 if you have their dvr hd plus pack.

I can definately live without those channels if it means saving 10.00 a month. It will offset the 5.00 increase in AEP. If there is a rumored $10.00 premium movie pack with just HBo/SHowtime/Starz/Cinemax, I might add that and top 250 dvr advantage but then I would end up adding about 11.96 more in dvr fees to do so. So it comes down to more movies , or more dvr fees? I sure wish DISH would cut the dvr fees per receiver. THis alone should be killing them in the competition with Directv with one per account and 0 if you have their dvr hd plus pack.

:up I'm in the same boat as you. I have 3 DVRs so the DVR fees would kill me if I downgrade to AT250.

Boy..

"I don't see the middle tier ($20) listed on your spreadsheet."

That's the last column, the Ultimate package. I didn't do the $29.99 package.

Edit: I added the pricing for the first two packages.

am I now confused. One would assume (I know shouldn't do that) that Ultimate meant top of the heap- all you can get- top banana- etc.. Guess i'll just wait awhile and see how it shakes out in the end.
Gerry

I couldn't see the logos either. Masterdeals, any chance to get a better picture. Or maybe someone with better eyes than mine could tell me if HD Theater is in the Essential package or the Ultimate?

I'm sorry we can't get anything better right now.

This picture was from a corner of a slide during the powerpoint presentation at their press conference Monday. It was about 1/4 the screen - thus why it is blurry, I had to use a high zoom to get it.

The Dish booth has no information about the new packages.

I think the spreadsheet someone made looks very accurate, so the only news here is what channels are removed for the $10 pack, and the fact that they will offer a $30 HD ONLY pack again, which they dropped two years ago if I remember right (when they dropped the silver/gold/platinum HD packages and went to Dish HD addon to the AT packages)

I'm sorry we can't get anything better right now.

This picture was from a corner of a slide during the powerpoint presentation at their press conference Monday. It was about 1/4 the screen - thus why it is blurry, I had to use a high zoom to get it.

The Dish booth has no information about the new packages.

I think the spreadsheet someone made looks very accurate, so the only news here is what channels are removed for the $10 pack, and the fact that they will offer a $30 HD ONLY pack again, which they dropped two years ago if I remember right (when they dropped the silver/gold/platinum HD packages and went to Dish HD addon to the AT packages)

Thanks. That's me who created the spread sheet because I was confused by just looking at the logos and I'm sure I wasn't the only one, I need to see them in a list. :)

If we could only figure out that last logo in the Ultimate package. This is the logo.

Attachments

• Missing channel.jpg
    Missing channel.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 326
The channel missing in the AT100 and up package is actually the Big Ten Network not the FSN HD. So I'm missing the logo that is in the AT250 package.

Here is the updated list.

Attachments

• Missing channel 2.jpg
    Missing channel 2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 312
  • New Dish Network HD Packages.pdf
    10.5 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Your spreadsheet is accurate based on the photo except for NHL HD is not the HD Essentials package.

HD Ultimate includes Voom plus HDNet Movies, UHD, NBA HD, & NHL HD for a total of 19 channels. There are 19 logos in the photo for Ultimate package.

Your spreadsheet is accurate based on the photo except for NHL HD is not the HD Essentials package.

HD Ultimate includes Voom plus HDNet Movies, UHD, NBA HD, & NHL HD for a total of 19 channels. There are 19 logos in the photo for Ultimate package.

So the one missing in the Ultimate is the NHL HD? If that's the case what's the one in the AT250? I think we're getting there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts