The PlayStation Vue Thread

I'm certain that will fix your issue.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Is there any way to fix the lag on internet delivered TV, or is that just one of the limitations of streaming channels? When I tried Playstation Vue, it was about 60 seconds behind my Dish feed of ESPN. With twitter and the notifications, having a 60 second lag from what is on TV is significant.

About the only thing I could complain about using Vue outside of no locals was the lag. Just some of the time.
We would be watching sports and someone would text about the play I hadn't seen....yet. lol

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks - that is what I figured, but I was hoping there was something. I have all my ESPN notifications and I could see a game winning shot or game winning HR and I would be notified on my phone before it actually happened.

Thanks - that is what I figured, but I was hoping there was something. I have all my ESPN notifications and I could see a game winning shot or game winning HR and I would be notified on my phone before it actually happened.

Yeah, this is one of my major issues I had with Vue when I tried for the 1 week trial.
I hope they address this, because other IPTV don't have this weird delay.

The live sports delay is only problem for me if I'm watching a game OTA in one room and via Vue in another while working around the house. Otherwise I wouldn't even be aware of it. When I still had cable and would call my dad, who had Dish, during a game, it seemed I was ahead of him by 30-40 seconds. I figured this just goes with the territory. Same thing happens listening to radio OTA vs. on the internet; there's at least a 30 second delay.

I don't have an issue with a 1 minute lag. Directv is behind Dish by 10 seconds or so and Dish is behind cable another few seconds. Its unavoidable for satellite to be on exact time.

Reactions: Gobucks
Meanwhile, Sony is looking to add more live sports and is changing the cost in lieu of it. Oh goody. More of the same.
The article says live sports is more profitable?! Isn't live sports driving prices through the roof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: osu1991
Just saw on tv Vue, Directv Now and YouTube have signed a deal with ABC 160 local affiliates which would cover 90% of the country.
Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That deal makes way for Disney to negotiate deals to include most of the ABC affiliates.

NBC has a deal in place now to negotiate on behalf of the NBC affiliates too, so I would expect to NBC have deal with the OTT bundles soon too.

I just paused my dish account for a while as I try playstation vue played from amazon fire TV. I have to say I really like it, I have the smallest package and get all the channels I want with all the locals for 39.99 out the door. nice

Reactions: Zookster
You're lucky. Just one of the Cleveland locals available so far. Of course now I see that the ABC and NBC locals should be coming soon after I just spent a couple hundred bucks for a Tablo unit and external hard drive for the ability to record the missing 3 locals. What is it that they say about the "best laid plans"----. :wtf

ya, it was certainly a factor in trying this out, we get all the locals in the northern il "Chicago" market.

I am thinking of saying bye to dish after well over 10 years, just can't beat 39.99 for what you get and how well it works.

Still, I am going to try it for a while while my dish is paused so the costs me nothing.

I first tried it on my PS3 fat, but wow did that suck, way too laggy, and buffering. The amazon fire is like a rocket

You're lucky. Just one of the Cleveland locals available so far. Of course now I see that the ABC and NBC locals should be coming soon after I just spent a couple hundred bucks for a Tablo unit and external hard drive for the ability to record the missing 3 locals. What is it that they say about the "best laid plans"----. :wtf
Egad! I don't want locals. Having to pay $10 more a month is not in my interest as I'm already paying for those through Dish. I'd definitely flip to SlingTV if that cost pops up (until they add it too :().

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts