please give US a NEW C BAND STUFF pleasure is more as...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

richyrich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
dead
Because today's satellite dish is based on the word of "technology"; can more (others) be made?

Every year I hear - better this; better that. Yet, really, what is new?

This is a C Band satellite dish forum; the only thing I see is that the people doing it cannot be found within the new technology and professional realm. No cable; no satellite; no locale; no profanity (G is the rated pro)!

Now look at the Industrial edge; a very Acted upon basis with a digital temprement that defies all logical explanation in electric equipment usability using the word "how much is it going to cost" top down effectiveness; and how long is it going to be manufactured for; pay me and you receive new equipment.

Sure, the processors are still getting smaller, faster, costing less, doing more, all by themselves. That is a processors design technique into Moore's Law. This makes the features list grow while size stays the same; until one day; it becomes so small; it must replace itself.

What none have said is that the dishes size does not change! Nor has any technology, other than a manufactured perfection; been realized? Is the cable equipment as good or better?

Pleasure boats ride on water; list the changes; or better; (who, what when, and why); you have done; can you?

This forum is one improvement; are their's any other?

What really is next that can improve it? Can anybody copy the DBS mentality AND GIVE IT TO THEM FOE FREE? The goods carried; like an antenna; I happened upon years ago; it was worth doing for somebody else (Contractor Law is followed). Here, list them, with your work as who did so much to say anybody has an ATSC 8-vestigle side of tuning right on in here! And anything you receive as a channel is free!

Attachments

• spinx.png
    spinx.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 256
spinx.png

Said it before, will say again... if decent packages were available on C*, i'd be all over it.

Yes, all decent large packaging (rated, tested, true provision) is on cable/dish/directv/globecaster's; and now Netflix is now gonna pay. A great improvement would be to extend a larger package than the DBS dealers have; and available only on C Band.

Fact is, the FTA channels number today more than the pay channel packages sell :) . And the DBS providers cannot add them to their line-up (1000 more channels; genre, rated; as similarity (like Starz vs. HBO did a nuptual) and they cannot possibly provide them with un-used bandwidth or/on satellites they own!

8VSB is where the C Band signals have been; since their invention of a digital format (analog TP numbered 24 = 8 x 24 today). Notice both are even; and have no div leftovers) So, 8 bands from 1 single bandwidth can be accomplished (as the cable company and DBS carrier's) needed more CHANNELS from eACH C Band TP they aimed at to provide on their satellites. Notice FTA ducket tuners at the studio have this technogadget. XBMC (commercial grades) have the double ducket tuner (any typed bandwidth). No satellite tuner has 8vsb today (ATSC digital version; in satellite tv the spent word is 8psk). This story has providence in the receiver as a liked h.264/32psk as the announced newly formatted (better-ing); and 8vsb tuning is completely been removed from DN, DTV. ATSC tuners, however; are class based!

Last edited:
If it made economic sense, the industry would be supporting C-Band programming and technical upgrades. Apparently nobody beleives there's money to be made on C--Band. I can't see large numbers of people putting up 8 to 10-foot dishes anymore (even in rural areas). My 10' dish will stay up 'till the last FTA channel is gone. But for every C-Band enthusiast, there are probably over 100,000 DIRECTV users. Enjoy C-Band while it lasts.

If it made economic sense, the industry would be supporting C-Band programming and technical upgrades. Apparently nobody beleives there's money to be made on C--Band. I can't see large numbers of people putting up 8 to 10-foot dishes anymore (even in rural areas). My 10' dish will stay up 'till the last FTA channel is gone. But for every C-Band enthusiast, there are probably over 100,000 DIRECTV users. Enjoy C-Band while it lasts.

Ah, then what does C Band do; and why does every broadcaster of their channel; at the highest bandwidth rate; have one at their studio; in the past; and today? It is because if you want A best for the money bandwidth; you must pay for it new channel or old; and the channel THEN CAN BE PROVIDED IN IT'S ORIGINALLY BROADCASTED BANDWIDTH (or re-broadcsred in the providers format).

And whoever wants to can then broadcast it as a part of their line-up; cutting their slice of the pie; telling the Consumer nothing about how the "just cut the fat" right off a true HD signal; and the bandwidth they are paying for is about a fifth short (a squarking pic of square ancient nesting).

But if they valued a satellite dish they could own that provide a higher bandwidth per picture is accrued (and the pictures would be better than whose is why the number of satellite clients would rise) and if you said there are more channels that are free than you provide with any other technology); what would make directv or DN providers better? More channels? Better pictures? Cost of the channels?

Really, C Band is already there; bigger, better, wider, faster, with more channels than any provider provides. Nothing else competes; and every little mini-dish thinks nobody else can compete with themselves. Soon, Netfix, will need to compete. Are you sure you can compete with them? They already have more channels than any pie/sky dish; and cost les (their rating in picture quality is the multiplicity they just now have to start paying for). Talking like you are with only one or the other of the providers is a better picture IS true about them still compared to you. What is the progression each satellite pie/sky cutter has used saying they are the best at what they are doing?

More channels provided, more satellite's in the sky to provide them with? Smaller is better technologically? Bigger dishes are now required by us to provide the ever growing list of channels we provide? We need more satellite dishes for you to receive these other channels that are new that we added for you?

Last edited:

I think that about covers it. C-band is for headend use, not end user subscription. Equipment providers, channels and studios want to deal with systems that have hundreds of thousands (or millions) of paying subscribers, not a shrinking number of a few thousand C-band TVRO end users that might subscribe to something. Even if by some miracle the equipment and install was "free" like a DISH/DirecTV package you probably have 95% of the population in areas where a BUD is prohibited by ordinance or HOA/apartments. That alone would limit your potential customer base.

I also think BUDs and True FTA to a point is like a Buick. The average customer is up there in age. When they are gone there isn't a whole lot of new blood coming into that market. Most of my C & Ku FTA customers are older, often retired guys doing this as a hobby rather than wanting specific content like a subscription. I don't get a whole lot of 21 year old guys wanting to spend all the money to setup a big dish or even a 1 meter to get some "free" channels let alone do all that then pay for a sub.

Why should I pay for:

1) channels that are free to air broadcast
2) the best programming is free to air
3) the program's I watch are the highest rated; and what I always must watch and like the best are FTA?
4) why does the cbs i watch have different advertising and look so bad compared to when when I watch my HBO mini-pie skyper dish?
5) why does the pbs picture I get for free look; no it really is a better picture?

And if I knew that almost every channel I watch; with the programming I like; and any new channel I cannot preview on pay tv; and just about every channel now is multiplied by three; and I won't see them till next year; and many of the lower tiered channels are available for free that I do not normally watch; what the hay is over in a barn because it is the only way to hide what I get for free; why am I paying for anything I do not watch anyways?

Why does my HDTV look better than every paid programming client side I trusted them with? I use a better technology; and it depends on something called value. I valued what is better; pie/in/sky satellite dishes only value how much each client has to pay to watch tv (it evaluated "money"; and only in numbers of does it count how much they then get)! The pie/in/sky dish is absolutely worth $0; that is why they give away! To the consumer; that is the truth your providers tell them about your own technology. Such a technology has no value to the consumer; the value they get in return is only channels they must pay only for (that they do not watch most of what they pay for is their realization of lost value) as it devalues their money.

And why can I see HD and their wrinkles on their face; and how good the production is; on any old TV?

It is because 1) I do not lower myself to a TRINKET CLASS SUBMARINE DESTROYER; when what I already own and maintain is A VERY LARGE COMMERCIAL CLASS WAR MACHINE I ALREADY USE AND HAS A VERY LARGE DECK WITH MANY JETS AND GUNS; and it already won WW2; a WAR THAT WILL NEVER END!

Last edited:
Never being the last word on anything; let's take a look at the competition in place to C Band as a technology.

1) player 1 - name any Cable Co.

2) player 2 - (Hughes; Prime) the commercialized end name is directv and not named Prime (mostly Germaine) who realized that at Ku Band frequencies with a little more hybridized powered (amplifier of the laser) the dish could be miniturized.

3) player 3 - named Echosphere (mostly Conknadian) who are real good at cloning realized they would need to make a satellite in space the same as directv did (making their own prodigal son out of an English one; American) to perform as well; if not better)

These three companies (worth with their technology) are advertised as ALL WHO PROVIDE "THE BEST; THE MOST; THE BETTER-RING" of ANY SATELLITE TV or Cable TV AS AN INDUSTRY of INDUSTRIES. Today, these companies; combined; with just the Consumer in Mind; may be worth over the yearly trillions this market produces annually in the US; using every cent they receive just to provide it. No house that has one is worth anymore because of their need to value themselves as program providers, pay tv only for the entire time they have based themselves as satellite tv providers. The C Band satellite dish; what equipment they use at their studio's; why they have such a large dish; is exactly why "THE BEST; THE MOST; THE BETTER-RING" of ANYTHING THEY HAVE DONE IS ANY GOOD AT WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Cable TV/Satellite TV today control the look and feel of what they are offering; and say they ->
"THE BEST; THE MOST; THE BETTER-RING" of ANY; but look at the future; and they need a larger, bigger, better one to keep up with the new "Broadband / Bandwidth / Nuetrality (new*.*)" telling a homeowner what can be added; and how to continue to add value to their home value (ITEM REQUIREMENT is bandwidth best product for Consumer) what do you say...

And so in my own words; I say to you the following:

Better look at the future; when providers must provide the exact bandwidth and production the channel they carry is sent as "the best; what you as a Consumer is told they are paying for"; when another 30 TV providers have the same thing as applicable bandwidth!

You really should see, then, a HD DVD picture (and the newer U-HD) at the produced level again one day. When they are put side by side; ONLY THE U-HD will show! It might download; but darn tootin' the produced level will blow the bandwidth away; just like it used to.

Satellite TV providers; beware; it competes now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)