Pole Mount Slimline Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
harshness said:
The weight of the dish assembly has no bearing on what's required; the issue is wind loading and there's plenty of that with a 570+ square inch spinnaker wannabe we call the Slimline.

Where are you putting the dish..? On a oil rig in hurricane alley?

I'm just saying that I have never gone to that extent of mounting a pole. Mine work just fine the way they are without 200lbs of concrete.

Concrete, quikrete, fastkrete, hurrykrete. It doesn't matter what you use.

More concrete = longer drying time

If 1 bag of concrete says it drys in 1 hour and you put 3 bags in a hole, you think it's gonna take an hour to dry?

Clearly you have never used Quikrete.

raoul5788 said:
Clearly you have never used Quikrete.

So it's gonna dry enough that you can put the dish on there, lock in a bird, and fine tune? All of that without breaking the level plain in under an hour?

Used Quikrete a couple weeks ago for a retaining wall. One wheel barrel (2 bags) at a time. About 2-3 hours to dry.

So it's gonna dry enough that you can put the dish on there, lock in a bird, and fine tune? All of that without breaking the level plain in under an hour?

Used Quikrete a couple weeks ago for a retaining wall. One wheel barrel (2 bags) at a time. About 2-3 hours to dry.

Yes, it will dry enough in under an hour. If the Quikrete you were using didn't dry in less than 2 hours, then you weren't using the fast setting type.
http://www.quikrete.com/ProductLines/FastSettingConcreteMix.asp

directv's policy on pole mounts for a ka/ku dish are: 6 foot pole buried in the ground with no more than 42 inches above grade, 150lbs of concrete, a trapizoidial shaped hole 12 inches in diameter at the top, and an anti-twisting device attached near the bottom of the pole.
now, that being said, what exactly your installer does is completely up to him, but if he or she wants to keep his job, I would suggest that he install it right.

raoul5788 said:
Yes, it will dry enough in under an hour. If the Quikrete you were using didn't dry in less than 2 hours, then you weren't using the fast setting type.
http://www.quikrete.com/ProductLines/FastSettingConcreteMix.asp

Never seen it at my Home Depot so I printed that picture off and took it up there. He said "we don't carry that" "why" "we don't sell enough to keep any in stock"

Well no wonder I've never seen this. I've been using this HD for years and never seen this so my apologies to the thread.

Does Lowes carry Quikrete?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)