Possibly the greatest game ever..

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Well folks, it's rare that we get to see something that is so great within our lifetimes that we just KNOW that things will never be the same. In terms of gaming, we've seen this in games like Super Mario Bros, Street Fighter 2, Grand Theft Auto 3. But honestly, I feel that today I have seen something that not only eclipses all those games individually, but eclipses their COMBINED influence. But let stop pontificating and just show you the future of gaming. It has a name, and that name is "Skate Man Intense Rescue!"

Link has been revoked due to copyright.
Don't worry, it'll be back. It's a BS copyright claim. It's not uncommon for these developers to get pissy and throw a DMCA claim when people make fun of their awful games. The guy addressed the issue here:

I actually just tried to link to the Steam Greenlight listing so you could at least see the trailer without the commentary, but apparently it's not on Greenlight anymore. Too bad we won't be able to see this glorious creation reach it's full potential.

Well sadly it looks like we may never get to see this majestic game in action. Luckily for us, we have something that is available on Steam right now, known as "Accidental Runner."

Here's Jim Sterling's take on it..

However, Jim's experience may not be typical, as he is a professional reviewer and thus has an extremely high end machine. Here's another user who experienced basically Powerpoint speeds. And when you see this game, it's pretty obvious that it's not because this game is pushing hardware like GTA V or Crysis 3.

Okay I'm now going to dedicate this thread to just housing the worst games I've seen...

Hey gang! Remember the game series Alone in the Dark? You know, the ORIGINAL survival horror game that preceded Resident Evil? Well, there's now a new entry in the series called Alone in the Dark Illumination, and it is a third person co-op shooter where one of the main mechanics is that you need to keep enemies illuminated so you can kill them.

In case you didn't get that, ALONE in the DARK, a SURVIVAL HORROR series, has a CO-OP SHOOTER where you need to get your enemies IN THE LIGHT. This is just sad, it really is. Steam's refund policy could not have come at a better time.

NSFW review

Of course, AitD has been on a downward spiral for a while, starting with the 2008 reboot. In case you forgot about THAT masterpiece..

Wow, this may be the worst trailer I've ever seen for the worst game ever. NSFW due to the content of the "game", but really, this needs to be seen to be believed, this "trailer."

So here's an interesting tale..

A game was released on Steam called Journey of the Light, being touted as the hardest game ever. In fact, it was allegedly SO HARD that people wouldn't be able to figure out the first level. Well, that actually happened, where literally NO ONE could beat the first level. Eventually people started asking for some hints, but the developer was tight lipped. This is just the start of the story. I highly recommend checking out this video.

I do have to add as an addendum that regardless of whether the game was a legitimate scam or the developer is just an awful developer with good intentions, Steam felt the need to remove the game from purchasing and also offered unconditional refunds to everyone who purchased the game, regardless of whether it was 2 weeks/2 hours from purchase.

http://steamed.kotaku.com/steam-offers-unconditional-refunds-on-sketchy-game-1722812295

Wow... this is really a textbook example of how NOT to design a game. It was described as "Imagine The Slaughtering Grounds. Now imagine a game WORSE than that." And after watching the video I have to agree. And in case you were wondering, this is running on a 970 or a 980, possibly SLI.

Wow... this is really a textbook example of how NOT to design a game. It was described as "Imagine The Slaughtering Grounds. Now imagine a game WORSE than that." And after watching the video I have to agree. And in case you were wondering, this is running on a 970 or a 980, possibly SLI.

Check out the Steam Page.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378280/

It actually has a positive rating and the reviews on the front page seem mostly free of sarcasm. It looks absolutely terrible and I'm not sure how stuff like that makes it onto Steam but people seem to actually like it for what it is.

Edit: And here is a thread where the developer actually discusses Jim Sterling's video.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/378280/discussions/0/528398719796155525/

It actually has a positive rating and the reviews on the front page seem mostly free of sarcasm. It looks absolutely terrible and I'm not sure how stuff like that makes it onto Steam but people seem to actually like it for what it is.

The reason is because Steam has NO quality standards whatsoever, which is one of the things that Jim rails on about. And it's really sad that Steam can be flooded with just sh*t titles. Early Access has just made things worse. It really is something that should probably be eliminated. I see the potential in it, but it's safe to say at this point that the experiment just isn't working. Hell, even when you have a "success" story it can still be bad because the game can get messed up by getting changed too much, and then you get problems where people like the game how it used to be versus how the game now plays. Here's the game in question. Sterling put it on his Curator list, and the guys from Extra Credits loved it so much they recommended it even though it was still in Early Access.

Edit: And here is a thread where the developer actually discusses Jim Sterling's video.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/378280/discussions/0/528398719796155525/
Wow, rare to see a developer being calm, cool, and collected after a scathing review like that. Still, I agree with Jim that if you're going to use Early Access, you can't push out a bugged out, unoptimized piece of junk that's just full of purchased assets. I like how he says "Well those assets aren't going to stay in there forever and will be replaced." Then why the hell did you buy them in the first place??

The reason is because Steam has NO quality standards whatsoever, which is one of the things that Jim rails on about. And it's really sad that Steam can be flooded with just sh*t titles. Early Access has just made things worse. It really is something that should probably be eliminated. I see the potential in it, but it's safe to say at this point that the experiment just isn't working. Hell, even when you have a "success" story it can still be bad because the game can get messed up by getting changed too much, and then you get problems where people like the game how it used to be versus how the game now plays. Here's the game in question. Sterling put it on his Curator list, and the guys from Extra Credits loved it so much they recommended it even though it was still in Early Access.

Wow, rare to see a developer being calm, cool, and collected after a scathing review like that. Still, I agree with Jim that if you're going to use Early Access, you can't push out a bugged out, unoptimized piece of junk that's just full of purchased assets. I like how he says "Well those assets aren't going to stay in there forever and will be replaced." Then why the hell did you buy them in the first place??

Yeah, I thought he acted pretty cool. When someone tears apart your work like that it would be super easy to attack them right back. Instead he took the high road and actually agreed with some of Sterling's points.

Yeah, I thought he acted pretty cool. When someone tears apart your work like that it would be super easy to attack them right back. Instead he took the high road and actually agreed with some of Sterling's points.
And Sterling confirmed he will give the game a second chance.

And Sterling confirmed he will give the game a second chance.

Cool of him to acknowledge that too when he easily could have enjoyed the views he is getting and moved on. This game and developer are so small that almost no one would have known the developer even responded to him in the first place.

Wow... this one has it all... bugs, assets thrown in without any thought on design, and best of all, AWFUL localization.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)