Post what DirecTV retention offered you!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Hey guys, I want to start off this thread so it can help others and see what type of deals people are getting, please post what DirecTV retention team has offered you when you called them to cancel your services...

Here is my experience, I've been with DirecTV since 2006 and been happy with their services, usually every year I call their retention team to see what they are offering to keep my business with them.
My contract expires around January 17th...I called last week to see what they could do, they offered me $35 for 6 months, personally I think I could do better, I am going to contact them and ask them what else they could do or schedule a cancellation date. From what I hear if you push them hard enough they will eventually offer some type of winback deal...at least that's what I saw from reading other forums.

I will keep you guys posted!

This is really irelevent as Retention goes strictly by what you currently have and your standing with them (have you paid your bill every month, ect.)

Reactions: Mr Tony
i wonder if prices would go down at dish or direct if people didnt do this?

I'm not sure I even want to call them next year. Only in the first year with them so if I were to cancel when the discount expires I'd have to pay a $240 ETF. If I stay my 2nd year I'll still have to pay that but broken down in monthly bills plus whatever increase. The problem of lowering packages is then you start losing channels you actually do watch and then it's not worth Otto do that.

4 years ago when I had directv I called after my promo expired and was offered a measly 5.00 off a month then told I was already getting an amazing deal. It wasn't until I cancelled and then had the other service hooked up that I got a phone call offering me new customer pricing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I called to cancel in February I explained why I was cancelling. I told them I had a MDU account at the apartment and was payinig $20 a month ($10 for HD, $10 for DVR, programming was included). I was moving to a rental house but didnt feel like having my bill go up $65 for the programming.

The rep didnt even try to save me. She understood

When I called to cancel in February I explained why I was cancelling. I told them I had a MDU account at the apartment and was payinig $20 a month ($10 for HD, $10 for DVR, programming was included). I was moving to a rental house but didnt feel like having my bill go up $65 for the programming.

The rep didnt even try to save me. She understood
That makes sense seeing you would be losing money to keep the package you had.

We're you allowed to keep the package you had when you moved in the apt ?

I'm not sure I even want to call them next year. Only in the first year with them so if I were to cancel when the discount expires I'd have to pay a $240 ETF. If I stay my 2nd year I'll still have to pay that but broken down in monthly bills plus whatever increase. The problem of lowering packages is then you start losing channels you actually do watch and then it's not worth Otto do that.

4 years ago when I had directv I called after my promo expired and was offered a measly 5.00 off a month then told I was already getting an amazing deal. It wasn't until I cancelled and then had the other service hooked up that I got a phone call offering me new customer pricing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's some interesting math to ponder.

Let's say you are subbing with D* (could be E* just as well) and in the first year. You get roughly $35/month discount that first year.

So switch every year, pay the $240 ETF gain the $420 in discounts.

As long as you don't have an installation that needs DVRs or Receivers that cost more money up front, you just made about $180!

Just something to cogitate about!! :)

We're you allowed to keep the package you had when you moved in the apt ?
sort of
When I moved out of my house I had Choice Xtra. With the rent it was Choice (they called it Bulk MDU) so I downgraded technically.
I could have gone with Xtra but the 3rd party it was through (Access Media 3) wanted 17.99 more. I think on a D* account its like $8.

ok here is what they gave me 35 off package 10 off HD 5 extra on top of that, free nfl ticket, 3 months of hbo, a free genie go, and free upgrade genie at one year extension for discount only and a free service call to check my dish which they replaced. Next year I do it all over as this is just 12 months. The retention guys in Idaho are just in a class by themselves...

ok here is what they gave me 35 off package 10 off HD 5 extra on top of that, free nfl ticket, 3 months of hbo, a free genie go, and free upgrade genie at one year extension for discount only and a free service call to check my dish which they replaced. Next year I do it all over as this is just 12 months. The retention guys in Idaho are just in a class by themselves...
Thtas Great, but don't expect ti each time you try it.

It been similar the past 5 years. If not I have 3 other companies just waiting for my business. I really don't care who it is..Either I save or I change to another. DTV has come through for years and have been happy with the price. Don't ever think once is enough or you will get what you wish for...

It been similar the past 5 years. If not I have 3 other companies just waiting for my business. I really don't care who it is..Either I save or I change to another. DTV has come through for years and have been happy with the price. Don't ever think once is enough or you will get what you wish for...
If your a person that bounces from one provider to another then thats fine, you get what you get, but you can't complain when you don't get what you want.

I thought i should post about my experiences with D tv customer retention dept.
I was out of contract and thinking of going to Dish, I have been a good customer for the last 2 years. last Fri i spoke with them and they told me 30 off and was able get a 10 credit for bundling with and new not rebuilt hr44 with out contract extension. I called my phone Co and after 20 min found out they don't bundle with them any more and haven't for a long time The next day Sat (fast) I received a hr34 that was obviously used and was manufactured around the same time as my 2 year old hr34.
I called retention dept back and they said I could not receive new hr44
I was lied to by their retention dept twice i'm still deciding what to do
A word to the wise, don't believe every thing they tell you and make sure they give you what they promise

I thought i should post about my experiences with D tv customer retention dept.
I was out of contract and thinking of going to Dish, I have been a good customer for the last 2 years. last Fri i spoke with them and they told me 30 off and was able get a 10 credit for bundling with and new not rebuilt hr44 with out contract extension. I called my phone Co and after 20 min found out they don't bundle with them any more and haven't for a long time The next day Sat (fast) I received a hr34 that was obviously used and was manufactured around the same time as my 2 year old hr34.
I called retention dept back and they said I could not receive new hr44
I was lied to by their retention dept twice i'm still deciding what to do
A word to the wise, don't believe every thing they tell you and make sure they give you what they promise
Read this site and you will learn a lot of that.
You ordered a Genie, you got a Genie, you cannot be given a guarantee of which one you get a 34 or a 44.
Just the way they do it, Yes It would be nice to be able to get exactly the recvr you want and you can, but you have to go other routes to do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts