probably going with skyvision

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

batzzz19

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
los angeles
iis there a contract if more anually? or pay as you go
is this 4dtv? can i use a wideband lnb c band lnb on it or does it have to be some type
of 4dtv if such a thing? for my chapparral
is a traxis dbs6000 good enough?
i want to use a custom user data folder that have for sort of transponders
should i be able to add this to my traxis dbs6000 the satellite with arc to skyvison satellite if induvidually
what sat skyvision is on? where are the transponders list

i don't want to call them and ask them since i might not get the right answer or be mislead

do i have to be connected to the interenet? does this use any card that they would send for programming

wheres the tv guide for this in detail whats on?

whats on fox 2 sports?
any mexican league soccer, i get it on uverse

just thought i ask if its worth it. i do like the history channel, some kids channels for kids
football too but already have that. i want it all and we wrestling for my bro

really any way of getting the menu before i subscribe dayly guide on there?

can i record and still watch other channels? depending on this traxis i dont know becasue
i don't have that programming or know if this receiver will do the job with it

or do i need a manhattan?

iis there a contract if more anually? or pay as you go
is this 4dtv? can i use a wideband lnb c band lnb on it or does it have to be some type
of 4dtv if such a thing? for my chapparral
is a traxis dbs6000 good enough?
i want to use a custom user data folder that have for sort of transponders
should i be able to add this to my traxis dbs6000 the satellite with arc to skyvison satellite if induvidually
what sat skyvision is on? where are the transponders list
i don't want to call them and ask them since i might not get the right answer or be mislead

do i have to be connected to the interenet? does this use any card that they would send for programming

wheres the tv guide for this in detail whats on?

whats on fox 2 sports?
any mexican league soccer, i get it on uverse

just thought i ask if its worth it. i do like the history channel, some kids channels for kids
football too but already have that. i want it all and we wrestling for my bro

really any way of getting the menu before i subscribe dayly guide on there?

can i record and still watch other channels? depending on this traxis i dont know becasue
i don't have that programming or know if this receiver will do the job with it or do i need a manhattan?
I've never subscribed but did inquire about it before I got into FTA. The options were pay by the month or subscribe quarterly/yearly and receive a discount (I believe they use 105W). Here are the channels: http://skyvision.com/programming/index.html They said you can use your own dish but I don't know if you can still watch FTA since getting their service requires a Motorola receiver (They advertised the DSR-410 but were out of stock when I contacted them): http://skyvision.com/store/dsr410_2.html I did not check any further. Perhaps someone who has had their service can provide more details.

I would not waste my money on getting a 4DTV at this point. The hardware would be from anywhere from 10 to 17 years old. Not to mention the fact that those feeds on 105W in DCII days are numbered. I don't know if you are aware, or care, but none of those feeds are in high definition either, and there is no DVR capability on any compatible receivers.

SRL/Skyvision programming is for 4DTV only(basically).You need a DSR 920,922,905 or 410,with good ID's to receive these channels.You can still do FTA with a DVBS/S2 as long as you have something to move the dish,920/922,or a separate dish mover if you use a 905/410.I think your wideband LNB will work but I'm not positive.
No contract,pay by month,3,6 or year,and as stated above all channels are SD only.

BBC America · Biography · Bravo E&W, Disney XD · FOX Movie Channel ,FOX Sports 1 · FOX Sports 2 ·FXX · Golf Channel · HGTV E&W History International · History Channel E&W· IFC · Investigation Discovery ·Lifetime Movie Network · Military Channel · MTV2 · MTV Hits · National Geographic · NBC Sports Network · Nick Toons Nick Jr · · OWN · Pivot ·· Sci-Fi · Sprout · TCM · Teen Nick · VH1 Rock · VH1 Soul · WE

For roughly 20-30$ a month... one could do a lot worse! If I had a 4DTV receiver, I'd be a sub.

Throw in OTA....you're pretty much set

It's not hard to get. I received it for over a year using the OFFSET LNBF on my 8 ft prime focus dish with the prime focus LNBF aimed at 99W, and the signal was plenty strong. My avatar is a photo of this setup. I no longer use my 922, but the LNBF is still aimed at 105W for NBC. I would expect to get it on a 6 ft dish, if there were no interfering transponders.

any alternatives to paid programming on c band?
High maintanance, constant vigilance, constant changing, and yes... Absolutely. But not for those that have a life...;>)
Rewards are great and such a fun and fulfilling hobby. However, if like my wife, one only wants ONE REMOTE, and turn on the TV and watch her 5 favorite channels, then no... LOL

Reactions: Titanium
High maintanance, constant vigilance, constant changing, and yes... Absolutely. But not for those that have a life...;>)
Rewards are great and such a fun and fulfilling hobby. However, if like my wife, one only wants ONE REMOTE, and turn on the TV and watch her 5 favorite channels, then no... LOL

Actually with an ASC1 as a positioner you do have a one remote solution. Every receiver I have ever owned gives you the option to program favorite channels.

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)