PS4 Owners Thread

Is there really that huge of a price differential between 2.5" and 3.5" drives to make it worth buying a clunky accessory? Wouldn't it have just been easier to add external HDD support?
Go above 2TB and there's a huge jump in the price difference, especially if you want a hybrid drive.

Yup, in part because until last year or so there was no such thing as a 2.5in drive > 2tb. Meanwhile were looking at 6tb and larger 3.5in drives now.

On my Xbox I've used 35% of my 2.5tb (internal + external)

Right at launch I put a 1TB drive in my PS4 because the 2TB 2.5" drives were quite a bit more expensive at the time. That seems like a pretty good sweet spot for me.

I'm able to keep all the games I'm interested in randomly jumping into and lots of PS Plus games I might try out someday installed without really worrying about space.

My Xbox One's stock hard drive is essentially full. I'm at the point where I always have to decide which game I want to delete when I install a new AAA game. I have external drives I could attach and I would do that if I used it more often. I'd just rather be able to easily replace the internal drive and not add to the clutter and rats nest of cables behind my TV with an external drive.

USB powered passport is all of 4 x 3 inches and less than an inch tall, USB powered on my Xbox One. Took longer to type this than it did to install. Really though we should have both options for both consoles. I'd just get another passport the next time its $60 or whatever for my PS4.

I think they need one before the holiday season, only a couple of big events they're attending to announce it with much fanfare. Xbox One led the NPD charts last month for no particular reason. Doubly-so if MS drops the price further or includes more pack-ins.

Their E3 is going to be focused on third parties and 2016, they've been lowering expectations about the remainder of their 2015 lineup.

Box art for Uncharted 4 unveiled..

uncharted_4_box.jpg

Speaking of Uncharted, looks like we're getting a collection release..

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06...ollection-springs-up-on-the-playstation-store

I will probably be picking this up even though I own the trilogy on PS3. I've still never played Uncharted 2 or 3 so it will probably be worth a purchase for me. Sure, I could hook my PS3 back up and play the copies I already own but I think the PS4 upgrade will probably be worth it for someone who has only played Uncharted 1.

Does remind me of this Tweet again...

That may be what happened but I have a feeling Uncharted 4 would have been delayed either way. TLoU has a pretty big delay and just about everything this console generation does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)