Question about DSS 922 LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stecle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Between the North and South Pole
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001Q4DRR2/?tag=satell01-20

Guys I am very curious on how exactly this LNB works. It seems that there are 3 signals coming out of this LNB.
There would be 119 circular, 118 circular, and 118 linear. I am guessing that this LNB takes the 118 signals and stacks them above the 119 frequency range. When you scan 118 you would have to select a higher LO. Is this correct?

This LNB also has 2 spigots. Are there different signals on each spigot or are they the same? Also because this LNB is a hybrid of circular and linear, is there a signal loss that you wouldn't have with a normal LNB?

Thanks

Steve

Whaddaya get on those sats? Is this LNB for the pirate stuff? Seems like it would have limited FTA value, but I could be wrong.

No linear. just circular 11.7 to 12.7ghz. Available at either port. 10750 LO.
11700 - 10750 = 950
12750 - 10750 = 2000
well within the range of any DVB STB.
Aim at 118.8, receive both 118.8 & 119
http://dmsiusa.com/specs/dss922-specs.pdf

Thanks for the great info Fat Air. A local electronics store is getting out of the Satellite business and this LNB was in the bargain bin. :cool:

Whaddaya get on those sats? Is this LNB for the pirate stuff? Seems like it would have limited FTA value, but I could be wrong.
It's all DN on those so I would say you're not wrong.
According to lyngsat, there's DTV there also. They list 1 TP as DVB-S2. Wonder if anything is 'open'? Nah, I ain't going to look, 'cause I doubt it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts