Question re: added receivers (installation)

heyguy35 said:
i just got my dishnet installed at my house today. The installer connected the voom winegard sensar II using a diplexer but took off the winegard power passing multiswitch (model vm-3400) and connected another diplexer on the receiver end of dish 811 receiver. But now i'm not picking up any digital signals on my ota. The installer did not know why this what happening. Does anyone know what i should i do?

Get that installer back out to install power-passive winegard combiner. (You cannot use the winegard multiswitch as it will not pass all the E* signals) It needs to be a special combiner and Wingard makes one. (If you need one I have some available, you can PM me if you can't find one) Important, that it allows voltage to pass from one of the SATELITTE in/outs, indicating power-passing DC to the UHF/VHF connection allowing the 12-17 volts from the coax via the receiver to "split"/"share" that voltage that powers the LNB.
You will need a standard diplexer at each receiver, to seperate the two signals, as the DishNetwork doesn't come with one as the VOOM STB did. You could use the Motorola diplexer that was connect to the VOOM receiver, except the installer will need to use F-81 fitting in the dipexers connector and use RG6 cables from those to connect to the OTA in and the SAT input on the receiver... All will be exactly the same once it's connected again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts