Question... What was your FAVORITE Christmas Gift of ALL TIME?!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is one I would like to see ALL SatelliteGuys members answer...

What is your all time favorite Christmas gift that you received? How old are you when you got this gift? And why was it your favorite?

Answers will be read on WION Radio on Friday Morning!

Merry Christmas from WION and SatelliteGuys!

I was 7 years old and I got an Irish Setter pup. Through good times and bad times, Boss loyally stayed by my side for 12 years.
Best dog ever and still missed today.

Cheers, K

I have a tie. My Nintendo (my first ever gaming system) or my first real bike (an adult size mountain bike). The Nintendo because it was the first time I had ever really experienced gaming and the bike because it allowed me my first real freedom. My friends and I would leave in the morning during summer time and ride miles and miles (usually with a stop off at the lake to cool off at some point) and then show back up at home for dinner.

Edit - forgot ages
Nintendo I must have been about 7
Mountain Bike ~ 12

Ham radio receiver when I was 13. I had just gotten my novice license and was trying to make contacts with an old Hallicrafters S-38. The entire ham band was about 15 degrees of the dial. My dad went out and bought a used National receiver. It was a boat anchor, but it finally allowed me to scan the ham bands and start making contacts. I was beside myself when i saw it under the tree because I didn't have a clue it was coming.

What sticks out to me is my Mother and her siblings (my Aunt's and Uncles) calling each other on Christmas mornings and the first word out of their mouths would be "Christmas Gift"... They grew up in the depression and didn't have much and it was a large family so that was probably the only "gifts" they got which makes it more special.

Tie here as well, both from my youth. I asked for and received an "Astro Base" that led to hours of space-related adventure. Someday I'll buy a replacement, likely at 10 times the price my folks paid for it. I also received an "Erector Set" that I did not request, but my folks knew it would be right for me. This was in the days when the motor plugged in to 120-volts power. I played with that thing for years and it inspired/fueled my technical/mechanical mentality that eventually led to my degree and career in engineering. I still have that motor, and some random pieces scattered about as a tribute.

A "best ever" present now would be a replacement memory...so I could remember all the other "best ever" Christmas gifts I've long forgotten...!

Wow. The first one that came to my mind was when I got a Vertibird. I was probably 10 years old. I wanted it so bad and was so happy when I actually got one!

My 1st Bicycle when I was 5 and a Lincoln logs set you build things with same year!!! :)

The year was 1957 and I was 13 years old. I got a pocket transistor radio that I wanted and I had so much pleasure out of it it has to be my favorite....

My favorite gift was a Millennium Falcon and I was 6 or 7. It was just so huge to me that is was the best toy ever.

The greatest Christmas gift I ever received was a divorce from my first wife. She asked for it on Christmas Eve, 1987. As a result, I met and wed the greatest woman on earth, who has made me far happier than I ever thought I could be. I was in my mid 30s.

No rancor against my ex. I wish her well. But I am far happier, and perhaps she is, too. DK. Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
A "Short Wave" reciever - Hallicrafters S-38. I listened for hours to broadcasts from all over the world and a year or so later obtained my ham license.

So many good ones over the years, but there are two that stand-out in my mind:

1. A pull-string Linus King of the Jungle taking doll from back in oh...probably Christmas of '67 when I was but 4-years old.
2. An in-water/under-water (aka bathtub) toy called Scouba Scout) that also came with a land vehicle...probably back in '68 or '69.

I purchased two pull-string Linus talking dolls and a hand-puppet about ten years ago, but I have never been able to find a working Billy Blastoff Scouba Scout. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Blastoff

Mine was a Christmas gift from my grandmother... I went with her to a rummage sale and found something I wanted for a quarter...

She said she would wrap it and give it to me for Christmas. And she did.

It was a Radio Shack 1 in 100 Electronic Project Kit. Man I loved that thing!

dsc_2374-edit.jpg

I think I was 5 when I got Rock em Sock em robots,a Lionel toy train,and a huge Winnebago.Not sure if it was Tonka or not,but it was all metal on the outside.That was an awesome Christmas.

WWF toy wrestling ring back in the 80's it was a very popular item and I remember my parents telling me all the stores they had to go looking for one in stock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)