Questions For Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As a former teacher and professor I agree that your choice in media determines how uninformed you are. I am hopeful that FoxNews HD will be added soon to add to the diversity of news at Dish.

So more people can be more uninformed? I don't follow the logic...

Or did you not even read that link...which would be classic Fox News fan behavior. Only listen to what you want to hear.

So more people can be more uninformed? I don't follow the logic...

Or did you not even read that link...which would be classic Fox News fan behavior. Only listen to what you want to hear.

Not the time nor the place for this discussion...

If there is a dual hd tuner in the near future so I can watch HD on my TV2 as well as TV 1:D ( forgive me if I missed information on this if it's been announced already)

Since everybody is suing DishNetwork, why doesn't dish sue the channel providers for not allowing to carry more al-carte' options? Perhaps DirecTV (and Cable Co's) would join in and then there might be some (at least) negotiations?I believe that would be price fixing or collusion.

It is neither price fixing (control, by agreement among producers, of the price of a commodity; dish being a customer of the channel providers, not producer, cannot "fix prices") nor is it collusion (an agreement, usually secretive, which occurs between two or more persons to deceive, mislead, or defraud others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically involving fraud or gaining an unfair advantage; no misleading or defrauding would occur, and 'a la carte channels' is not illegal). It is more like bargaining power, a simple concept with no monopolistic implications. It would take away power from the producers and give it not to the intermediarieslike Dish or Cablecos, but to the end consumers, us! :)

Is Dish going to do anything about putting HD locals on spotbeams that don't cover the entire DMA?

On the subject of the True2Way product:

Please inquire as to whether they've decided to run the cable company's own True2Way DVR software, or whether they will run the cable co software in the background and run this new 922 interface on top of it.

If you can, try to get them to specify whether the True2Way product will use the cable company guide or the Dish Network 922 guide.

Will the 922 have HD out to the second TV?

From what I have gathered, no. TV2 is SD. However, there are producing a small (15") portable HDTV that can receive an HD Sling via WiFi. It also seems likely (though I'm not sure) that wit will be able to sling HD to another TV with a computer receiving the stream for the other TV. But it's not the direct implementation we were hoping for.

Is there a thread somewhere that some of these questions were actually answered, or was this thread just a waste of time?
All I have been able to find is info on the new 922.

When will DN join the 21st Century and incorporate features on their HD boxes that allow end users to pass through audio and video signals unaltered???

I want the ability to pass the video signal without any cropping/stretching/up or down resolution altering etc... DN must, at the very least, include a 'native' setting for their video streams.

On the audio side, give us the ability to stream the audio data bits in an unadulterated state.

DN really needs to 'get with the program', let the end user control how the digital data is or is not processed, so that those of us who care are able to output the digital information in the manner we want.

The link was to prompt Scott and the others to ask questions of Dish at CES and my question concerned when FoxNews would be added in HD. Fairly simple even for the semi retarded MSNBC viewers to understand. Fox adds diversity intellectually by bringing on guests who share both liberal and conservative viewpoints rather than just the talking points of one side or the other.

Is there a thread somewhere that some of these questions were actually answered, or was this thread just a waste of time?

+1

Were any of these questions answered by Dish Network??

I realize that it would be impossible to have all or even most of these questions answered but I thought there were a lot of good questions in this thread and I was looking forward to some (any) answers.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, the Satguys coverage of CES and the forthcoming 922 was great.

When will DN join the 21st Century and incorporate features on their HD boxes that allow end users to pass through audio and video signals unaltered???
As the 1080i streams aren't typically 1920x1080 (many are reportedly 1440x1080) and the 480i (described as VHS resolution; 230 lines?) streams aren't whatever you might expect them to be, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to ask for "native" if the receiver is going to have to convert them anyway.

jsq said:
<snip>...Were any of these questions answered by Dish Network?? <snip>..

In some cases the questions were decidedly not asked.

<snip>....I chose not to ask about HD Nationals, because I knew there would be NO answer.
Charlie didn't intimidate me; I KNEW what the answer would be - "well we are in negotiations with so-and-so, and can't say anything."

It is the same answer he gave when I asked him THAT question last year. I was very interested in the HD Local question, so I asked it. I didn't see the point in asking the other question. I have heard the answer before on CHarlie Chats, on Tech Chats, at last year's press conference. IF they had new HD to announce, they most certainly would have announced it. They didn't. :)

If anyone else DID ask the national HD question, I missed it.

+1

Were any of these questions answered by Dish Network??

I realize that it would be impossible to have all or even most of these questions answered but I thought there were a lot of good questions in this thread and I was looking forward to some (any) answers.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, the Satguys coverage of CES and the forthcoming 922 was great.

The 922 is a great piece of hardware, so it is understandable that they covered that for most of the show, although I was also looking forward to a few of the questions on this thread being answered.

Guys you have to understand that the news conference was very scripted... then when Charlie Ergen started taking questions, there were 2 Dish Network staff (one on each side of the room) with microphones that chose questioners , there was a lady in front and slightly to the left of me that finally got a mic after holding her hand up for most of the press conference... the DN Staff that had the mic on our side of the room was also the one that signaled Charlie when to end the Q & A session... there were many questions unanswered and when they moved to the Convention center Charlie was more available than Mark for one on one's but the time for that was limited. I ran out of time Saturday morning trying to get to a Tech guy to ask more questions...(he was busy showing another exhibitor the bell's and whistles on the 922...)

I think it is a misnomer that Dish Network got a lot of great press because of the 922 hype.

ECHOSTAR got a lot of the good press for a great receiver. Dish Network, the company it was split off from has done nothing to dispel the awful news (price increases) or failed marketing promises (150+ national HD channels by the end of '08).

Granted, the average consumer knows nothing of this, but I don't think anyone else is making the distinction. The advantage of the hardware for Dish Network may be going away as the cable companies will actually soon be able to get this box on THEIR systems, so where is the advantage?

If Echostar were to make this box available to Fios, I'd switch as soon as my contract ran out (I reupped until 01/2010 in order to get the 722 last year).

What they need to do is find a way to make Dish Network relevant again. We may even need a new abbreviation as "E*" doesn't seem to ring true anymore.

Maybe DN*? I dunno.

The 15" wi-fi fed monitor is kind of neat though. I'm sure there will be several bathrooms or kitchens that get a screen where there wasn't one before....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)