Questions for XStreamHD

You might want to fix the UHF statement on your production information as it sure confused the hell out of a lot of us.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of these great questions. Sorry, I got caught up in another thread.

1. Actually the cost for our sub one meter dish will be extra and the package will include all of the necessary installation accessories.

2. Extra HD Media Receivers are $199 and extra PRO Media Receivers are $399.

3. You can actually order the Fast Start package with 4 TB for $599 and the PRO Start package with 4 TB for $699.

4. The estimated price for rental of a Blu-ray quality title will be $4.99. Also, electronic sell thru of content will be available on a case by case basis as established by each movie studio.

5. Movie content is mapped specifically to your individual Media Server to protect the DRM of the content.

6. The spec sheet states video support for TS and PS files. How about mkv containers, wmv files, others?

7. We can support 24/192 flac and stream as PCM.

8. There are a lot of different options and varying degrees of restrictions respective of copying content between drives. Most of these options are to comply with any DRM requirements. Not worry though, we try to make it very simple and configurable each individuals network set up.

Thanks for the great questions. Keep them coming and ping me if I am delayed in responding.

XStreamHDGuy

Thanks for answering, A couple of follow-ups.

1. Exactly how big and heavy is the dish? 1 meter is quite a bit larger than my original 18" DirecTV dish aimed at one orbital location. What is the exact cost?

2. Do the users' own media files integrate easily into the GUI? Artwork included?

Hi Cal87,

Thanks for the questions:

1. Our dishes are much smaller than 1 meter and more comparable with you may expect to use with your DBS provider.
2. Your media files can be integrated with our system. Ours is a networked systems that will allow for two way communication to all devices or clients on your network. Additionally, you will be able to append files with artwork.

Finally, you can pre-order XStreamHD today at www.XStreamHD.com and save up to $225 -- for the PRO Start, it's a savings of $200 on equipment + 5 FREE movie rentals; for the FAST Start, it's a savings of $100 on equipment + 5 FREE movie rentals.

Have a great day!

XStreamHDGuy

Hi Cal87,

Thanks for the questions:

1. Our dishes are much smaller than 1 meter and more comparable with you may expect to use with your DBS provider.
2. Your media files can be integrated with our system. Ours is a networked systems that will allow for two way communication to all devices or clients on your network. Additionally, you will be able to append files with artwork.

Finally, you can pre-order XStreamHD today at www.XStreamHD.com and save up to $225 -- for the PRO Start, it's a savings of $200 on equipment + 5 FREE movie rentals; for the FAST Start, it's a savings of $100 on equipment + 5 FREE movie rentals.

Have a great day!

XStreamHDGuy

i would like to know a few things........first do i have to buy my own dish in addition to the equipment? what about installation.....is that provided if so, how much extra? i am severely handicapped and can't do any of my own installations. thanks.

How do you handle rain fade? Suppose I rent/buy a movie that was downloaded during a heavy rain storm. Will the rain fade show up? Or do you have a a way to check and make sure the customer got a good copy?

If I decided to copy all my Blu-Ray DVDs to a hard drive (via Handbrake) would I be able to play them through the media server?

Could I copy these Blu-Ray movies to the media server itself?

Thanks

How do the units get their guide data for the OTA channels? PSIP or it is a downloaded guide from a service?

I'm very excited by this (for some reason :D) but I've not reserved yet because I still have some reservations (mostly about content which I understand you can't announce yet). But I do have some more questions:

• As a practical mater if I place a deposit today, but the announced available content at launch is not to my satisfaction, do I have the option still of not purchasing (I sort of assume so, but I want to ask)?
  • Parallel to the rain fade question above, what happens if due to settings on the unit (didn't have a new move "queued", drive was full, etc), how often are movies "pushed", how long to I have to wait if I miss the first pre-fetching of a move to get it?
  • Out of curiosity, just how long does it take to download a movie?
  • Along those lines, 1TB, even 4TB sounds like a lot of space at first, but knowing that Blu-ray movies run 20-50GB in size, that's as few as 20 movies on the 1TB system, and that would run out really fast by the time you've got a couple movies saved. I'm guessing (hoping?) there will be enough new releases each month to cause a "space problem". Not sure there's a question other than I'm wondering how the day to day use will manage that issue.
  • On the space issue, you support eSATA, but do you, or do you have any plans to be able to save to a 3rd party NAS?
  • Is the $9.95/mo for the EPG data? If so is there any way to forgo the NVR functionality (I've already got an exceptional DVR)?

Simple question: How much is the Dish? How much is Installation?

Originally Posted by XStreamHDGuy
"1. Actually the cost for our sub one meter dish will be extra and the package will include all of the necessary installation accessories."

When you say "will be extra", and don't specify the cost, it really raises red flags.

And if you were a client of mine, I would tell you that you are in the Trust Phase at present, and every effort should be made to be forthright and get out ahead of potential issues.

If it is a Satellite delivered service, then the specs of the required dish/lnb should be clearly listed on the website. Many of us may already have a dish that may meet those specs.
And the standard professional installation information and costs should be listed for those requiring that service.

Of course, if you are trying to morph this service to a internet delivered service; then it is obvious why the de-emphasis ploy is being utilized. If this is true, it doesn't engender trust.

I must be going blind, as I cannot find a Toll Free number listed on the web site so I might call and ask these questions in person.

Awaiting your reply,

John

Originally Posted by XStreamHDGuy
"1. Actually the cost for our sub one meter dish will be extra and the package will include all of the necessary installation accessories."

When you say "will be extra", and don't specify the cost, it really raises red flags.

And if you were a client of mine, I would tell you that you are in the Trust Phase at present, and every effort should be made to be forthright and get out ahead of potential issues.

If it is a Satellite delivered service, then the specs of the required dish/lnb should be clearly listed on the website. Many of us may already have a dish that may meet those specs.
And the standard professional installation information and costs should be listed for those requiring that service.

Of course, if you are trying to morph this service to a internet delivered service; then it is obvious why the de-emphasis ploy is being utilized. If this is true, it doesn't engender trust.

I must be going blind, as I cannot find a Toll Free number listed on the web site so I might call and ask these questions in person.

Awaiting your reply,

John

I wouldn't hold your breath

They would rather have you using all of their equipment this way they can troubleshoot your issues easier.

Using their DISH is easier then supporting one you purchased at a flea market somewhere that you know it a satellite dish. ;)

Originally Posted by XStreamHDGu

I must be going blind, as I cannot find a Toll Free number listed on the web site so I might call and ask these questions in person

John
[/INDENT]

Here's the number to contact them 1.703.852.1300, love how they spent the money to get a toll free number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts