R15 vs R16 or Directv Plus DVR ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

alanarthur

Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
Please advise what is the BEST dvr receiver that D* offers ?

This is for a non hd tv in a bedroom and we only need the dvr function. I am totally confused so any advice is greatly appreciated. :) :)

Both the R15 and R16 are Directv + DVRs. As far as I know, the only differences are that the R16 is black and supports SWM connections.

Having been a user of the R15 when it first came out, and now a user of the new R16, I would highly recommend the R16. I've had this unit for 2 weeks now, and I've had NONE of the issues with this unit that some people are still experiencing with the R15, even after many software updates. True, the interface is exactly the same, but there are definitely some differences under the 'hood'. I'm very pleased with both of my R16s. :up

I had a R15 for 18 months (replaced by a HR21) and never had any problems, but there are a lot of reports of issues with that model (I don't know if it varies by manufacturer, mine was a -500). Apparently the R16 is flat black, instead of glossy like the HR21.

Having been a user of the R15 when it first came out, and now a user of the new R16, I would highly recommend the R16. I've had this unit for 2 weeks now, and I've had NONE of the issues with this unit that some people are still experiencing with the R15, even after many software updates. True, the interface is exactly the same, but there are definitely some differences under the 'hood'. I'm very pleased with both of my R16s. :up

How did you get an R-16? I have been trying to get D* to replace mine and they won't!

How did you get an R-16? I have been trying to get D* to replace mine and they won't!

Rather than call DirecTV for my install, I contacted a local DirecTV dealer.
I explained that I wanted to get back with DirecTV, but the R15 is what
caused me to leave to begin with. I asked if I could get the R16. He said
he would contact his supplier and see if they would send him a few
'residential' R16s, even though DirecTV had told him that they were
only available for commercial applications. Well, the distributor did send
him 2 of the residential units, brought 'em in, hooked 'em up, DirecTV didn't
ask any questions, and so far so good! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)