Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am looking forward to getting my new Raspberry PI 2! Just got noticed that mine shipped this morning and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I already have a few B+ units and this one will blow them away.

Check out this speed test on the B+ and the new PI 2!

Reactions: Rey
Where did you order from?

I heard that Fry's had them in stock.

MCM Electronics the morning they went on sale.

There were only 100,000 made and they all sold out the first day, they are now making 10,000 a day.

Well then, I better get on this. I've been having fun with the arduino boards and been wanting one of these. That little guy is packed.

Where did you order from?

I heard that Fry's had them in stock.
Not finding this newer version there. A friend of mine just moments ago text me a picture of his that arrived yesterday. I can't seem to find one in stock anywhere but in the meantime, I did signup with the Windows Developer program to run a version of WIN10 on this little guy.

I'm considering getting one. I don't program but may start learning. Getting burned out on system administration though that's most likely due to where I work.

I'll probably replace mine. I use it as an appliance for caching DNS and DHCP services

I don't need it, but might do more on it with more speed.

And it'll be about $60/with a case and an SD card.

Scott is it SD or microSD.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Anyone done a project with this baby? I have one or two in mind but have so much going on that I don't know when I'll get to it.

Finally ordered mine today from amazon using the satguys link. Can't wait to play with this kit!

Unfortunately due to one thing or another I haven't been able to play with this some more. I had loaded retropie but didn't go further.

Unfortunately due to one thing or another I haven't been able to play with this some more. I had loaded retropie but didn't go further.

I have RetroPie on one here and it's real nice. Can be a bit annoying configuring some things and probably a steep learning curve if you're not used to Linux, but well worth it if you're into retro gaming. Had it loaded on a B+ for quite a while and when the Pi2 came out switched it over to one of them, much better on the Pi2, big difference, especially for PS1 and Scummvm.

Just loaded Kodi on the same Pi the other day and that seems to work good too.

Reactions: Rey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)