Recalculate Auto Diseqc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
How does that work? I have the Amiko HDSE. Do i have to program a couple of Diseqc positions, and then i can recalculate so that it will auto position all of the satellites in the arc?

I don't know about the Amiko, but whenever I used the recalculate option on other receivers it didn't go well for me, probably I didn't do it right. Titanium explained the recalculate function in a post that I read recently, if I can find it again I'll post it here.

This right here sums it right up for you:

Recalculate is typically used on linear actuator motors and infrequently on HH motors. It allows all satellite positions to be globally shifted. Example: if the linear actuator is replaced or the clamp collar slips or is moved. If the previously programmed satellite positions no longer correct, the DiSEqC motor position would be selected then the motor manually driven to the new corrected (offset) aiming. The recalculate function resets all satellites by this same offset.

Reactions: . Raine
How does that work? I have the Amiko HDSE. Do i have to program a couple of Diseqc positions, and then i can recalculate so that it will auto position all of the satellites in the arc?
You are thinking of USALS there. You set the due south position and it can find all your sat positions. Recalculate is used to re-sync the controller with the dish if it gets out of sync (all positions the same amount of counts off) So you don't have to go through every position and reset it one at a time.

beat me to the punch ;)

Reactions: KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)