Receiver replaement

guapoharry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
32ºN 111ºW
I have two 510 DVRs. Dish sent notice they need to be replaced. The person on the phone said my owned receivers would be changed out with leased ones. I've been out of contract for some time.
Is there a way to reduce DVR fees? What about a multi tuner receiver?

What kind of receiver do you suppose they might give me?

Those would changed to 612 DVR receivers. The reason they would be leased is so you would not have to purchased the receivers again. If you would like purchased receivers again there would be a charge for the purchased equipment. The migration upgrade does not carry a commitment with it. Monthly rates would be the same for the 612 as they are for the 510.

Buy a couple of 211ks and add external hard drives to them and pay DISH for one time only $40.00 fee and you get the dvr software and you can now record you shows exactly like you did with the 510 and NO DVR FEES monthly. Plus, if you add an ota antenna, you can now record one ota channel as well as your sat channel ,giving you two shows at a time you can record. DISH Depot has them for $99.00 each and there is no Tax on your bill if you live outside of the state of Florida.

www.dishdepot.com

Reactions: TheKrell
Going from a 510 to a 612 suggests you are going to move from Western Arc to Eastern Arc. Sur de A Z for a location is a bit confusing...

Yep. From the smallest big town.
I called for an appointment. The rep offered HD. From the email, the receiver I'm getting is: Rcvr 722 HD Duo (2TV) DVR
Can I record two programs at the same time?
Also, I'm on AT250. The fee used to be $74.99 and recently went up to $79.99. Now it looks like the rate went up again to $84.99. What's the deal with that?
Don't really need HD. Does it cost more?

Actually, if you get a VIP722k and the extra OTA module (for your local antenna over the air channels), you can tape FOUR shows at once, while watching a recording. Two OTA channels, and two satellite channels can be recorded at the same time...

Reactions: TheKrell
Actually, if you get a VIP722k and the extra OTA module (for your local antenna over the air channels), you can tape FOUR shows at once, while watching a recording. Two OTA channels, and two satellite channels can be recorded at the same time...

And furthermore, if you have broadband, you can queue up a boatload of iVOD and let them download along with recording 2 sat channels and 2 OTA channels, all while watching two other recordings via TV1 and TV2 outputs. The 722k is pretty amazing when you think about it.

Reactions: the mack
Yep. From the smallest big town.
I called for an appointment. The rep offered HD. From the email, the receiver I'm getting is: Rcvr 722 HD Duo (2TV) DVR
Can I record two programs at the same time?
Also, I'm on AT250. The fee used to be $74.99 and recently went up to $79.99. Now it looks like the rate went up again to $84.99. What's the deal with that?
Don't really need HD. Does it cost more?
With a 722, they add on a $7.00 "dvr service" fee. Yep, they charge you a fee to dvr shows with a dvr...
Primestar, the OP already had a DVR, so that fee is already on his bill. He may have been grandfathered into a package without locals, and the equipment change forced a change in the package. That would explain the price increase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)