recording after rewinding live tv

As you say can be done with a VIP, simply rewind to where you want the recording to start, hit the record button, get a few choices and record. I take it doesn't work like that with the Hopper?

If it's in the buffer, just press record, it will record from the beginning. (I don't use the 52 remote.)

I'm not saying it won't with the Hopper because I don't have one, but on the VIP it won't record from the start if you do just that it will record from the spot you are at. (Remainder of the event) Plus the OP wants to record just the remainder.

On my hws i rewind to the point i want. I hit pause, hit record. hit play, i let it record for a few seconds then i hit live tv, . I am then back to live and it will have recorded to that point and continuing to record the remainder of the show.
I assume it will work the same way with the hopper3.

Reactions: Tampa8
Just about how it works on the VIP if you mean it starts recording from the place you paused and I think that is what the OP is looking for on his H3.

If a program is in the buffer on the Hopper3 (from watching or PIP), when you select record it records from the start. You don't have to rewind (and you can't rewind to something not in the buffer).

I still don't think this has ever been clearly ascertained since the Hopper first came out.

Say the buffer is 30 minutes long but I want to record just the last news story (5 minutes). Is there a way to rewind back 5 minutes and record just those 5 minutes, and not the entire buffer?

Keep getting conflicting answers on this.

Reactions: voodooevil
If a program is in the buffer on the Hopper3 (from watching or PIP), when you select record it records from the start. You don't have to rewind (and you can't rewind to something not in the buffer).
NO it doesn't, it starts recording from the point you hit the record button or that is what mine always does, mine never records the part in the buffer.

I still don't think this has ever been clearly ascertained since the Hopper first came out.

Say the buffer is 30 minutes long but I want to record just the last news story (5 minutes). Is there a way to rewind back 5 minutes and record just those 5 minutes, and not the entire buffer?

Keep getting conflicting answers on this.
If you rewind back the 5 mins and then hit record it will start recording from that 5 min mark and record until the end of the show.

If you rewind back the 5 mins and then hit record it will start recording from that 5 min mark and record until the end of the show.
Or if you stop it manually before the end.
Thanks.

So, does it give an option to "stop recording manually" to allow it to record past the end of the current show like the ViP receivers do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)