recording with 211?

I'd stay well away from mechanisms that use third party OEM drives (Iomega, Fantom, LaCie, etc.).

Don't assume you're somehow enchanted and can ignore thomasjk's advice about using self-powered drives.

Amazon is offering the Seagate Expansion 1TB drive for $78 and this should provide you with a good baseline for comparison.

Reactions: navychop
I use both a 500GB WD in 1 211 and a 1.5 TB Seagate Expansion in the other 211. Both work fine. I had 2 500GB WD until I dropped one while rewiring for new tv and it died. I had the Seagate on hand, so I used it

i just purchased a
WD 1TB WD Elements Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive Storage (WDBUZG0010BBK-NESN) from amazon and i want to make sure it will work with my 211.i read where dish will accept 1 tb but it has to be a single platter drive. does anyone know if the one i got will work?

i just purchased a
WD 1TB WD Elements Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive Storage (WDBUZG0010BBK-NESN) from amazon and i want to make sure it will work with my 211.i read where dish will accept 1 tb but it has to be a single platter drive. does anyone know if the one i got will work?

No it will not. You can't use portable drives. Its needs an external power supply

edit: late to the party, replies didnt show up in the post when I opened it

Is the usb cable a 3.0 cable? Sometimes when they say 3.0 they are referring to the cable connector.
Question is does it have it's oiwn power supply.
Don't know about the 211 but I know from experience that the Hopper will support a 3 tb drive.

Is the usb cable a 3.0 cable? Sometimes when they say 3.0 they are referring to the cable connector.
Question is does it have it's oiwn power supply.
Don't know about the 211 but I know from experience that the Hopper will support a 3 tb drive.
Max for 211 is 2T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)