Remotely resetting a HWS?

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Leaving on a three week trip tomorrow so I've been playing around with the DISH Anywhere app the last few days to make sure I could figure everything out, before I needed to!

Has worked flawlessly until today while at my Dr's office. Since they provide free internet I thought I would try it to see if it was working ok. The attached image is what I received! Once this screen popped up it basically locked the screen so there was nothing else I could do.

Came home and found that I had lost my network connection somehow. I just rebooted the HWS and it Re acquired the network connection and works fine now and so does the app.

Isn't there someway to reboot the HWS remotely or does it have to have a network connection to accomplish this? Kind of defeats the purpose of having a reset feature If it doesn't work when you truly need it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 172
Leaving on a three week trip tomorrow so I've been playing around with the DISH Anywhere app the last few days to make sure I could figure everything out, before I needed to!

Has worked flawlessly until today while at my Dr's office. Since they provide free internet I thought I would try it to see if it was working ok. The attached image is what I received! Once this screen popped up it basically locked the screen so there was nothing else I could do.

Came home and found that I had lost my network connection somehow. I just rebooted the HWS and it Re acquired the network connection and works fine now and so does the app.

Isn't there someway to reboot the HWS remotely or does it have to have a network connection to accomplish this? Kind of defeats the purpose of having a reset feature If it doesn't work when you truly need it!
YES, there is.
Use the more tab, then settings, live tv & DVR then receivers.
use the reset button.
see attached image.IMG_0290.PNG

YES, there is.
Use the more tab, then settings, live tv & DVR then receivers.
use the reset button.
see attached image.View attachment 105413

Unfortuneatly, when you lose your network connection all of your receivers go gray (not green) in the more tab and the reset feature disappears. Will follow up with pursuing the ability to access my router remotely. Thanks

Unfortuneatly, when you lose your network connection all of your receivers go gray (not green) in the more tab and the reset feature disappears. Will follow up with pursuing the ability to access my router remotely. Thanks

There is a much more complex option and probably not worth it for one trip but maybe if you are taking many trips. I have a raspberry pi connected to a x10 controller (CM11) and an app on my phone, x10 commander, I can then remote reboot the hopper even if it has lost network connection. I also program lights, power on and off other appliances etc.

Reactions: stimpson
There is a much more complex option and probably not worth it for one trip but maybe if you are taking many trips. I have a raspberry pi connected to a x10 controller (CM11) and an app on my phone, x10 commander, I can then remote reboot the hopper even if it has lost network connection. I also program lights, power on and off other appliances etc.

Thanks. I will check this out. I'm familiar with the X10 and use the SC503 controller for my Christmas lights.

That's another pretty good idea!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts