Replacing part of an OLD preamplifier

well sadly it didnt work like we wanted :(

Went up there and hooked it up. Nothing digital. Got 16 (analog) real fuzzy. So thought maybe it was the cable....looked and it was crappy old RG59. So we improvised. Got out an extension ladder and climbed up maybe 20 feet up the tower. Cut the cable there and tested it. Cable worked. Hooked up my buddy's antenna he was using here in the cities. One of those black ones that looks like a bigger UHF loop. Seen them on sites where folks connect 2 or 4 of them together. Well we got some results
22 came in the best at 74 on the converter box
14, 16, 39 were fuzzy but workable.
12 nothing...but the antenna is a UHF only

Radio reception now is killer on it ;)

He's gonna use it for a while but it sounds like he'll get Directv (there is a slimline 5 already there)

on a side note, sergei you're scary on your knowledge. I posted the pic above and you put
I'd say it's about 60 -68 footer and looks like a Taco self supporting design which is a real pain to climb because of the design especially when you get to the top, it just gets smaller at the top so less area to put your feet.
well I saw the bolts where the pieces were put together and there were 6 pieces. Each piece about 10 feet so yeah you were bang on with the height...and yes it does get smaller as you go up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts