requirements to get 'new' account

ctoddt

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
I've moved and would like to add receivers and go with a new DHA plan, but I can't since I'm an existing customer w/ 3 months left on a 1yr agreement. With the new address, is it an easy sure thing to setup a new account under the wife's name? I have the same phone number. Can I freely talk to them and give them my name, or will red flags go up?

Red Flags will go up. It use to be easy to do but now Dish really digs at your information.

About the only way to do it now is die and come back as someone else.

aliaga61 said:
you aren't going to be liked much in this forum

Why would that be? Everyone looks for the best deal.

On Topic: ctoddt, have your wife set the account up as a new sub. You may reduce your package to the minimum level to maintain your contract. I am a D* sub but I used to have E* and the lack of offers to existing customers is why I left. I feel if you are on board already you should get the best deal no questions asked, it is called retention. Either way, have her set it up in her name, with the new phone number and there is no way for them to flag you. Just make sure neither you nor your old number are anywhere in sight.

Hope this helps! ... and I like ya!

aliaga61 said:
you aren't going to be liked much in this forum

can I ask why?

He asked a question and we are answering

Scott is right..it was alot easier a couple years ago to get the new customer promos. Tougher than a bugger now :(

Probably not worth the effort. Dieing is pretty harsh.

By the way, why won't I be liked here?

ctoddt

I'm waiting for a responce too.

You might be able to since the address has changed. Use your wifes name, the new address and a cell phone # as the number on the account.

He's not hacking or stealing. If you can find a way to work the system in your favor, more power to you. You know Dish works the system to their favor all the time.

sorry...i read it as trying to take advantage of the system, and the last thread that i read like that they ripped into the guy...not trying to start anything...bowing out now :)

If you have a significant other.. they can sign up for service under their name.. as long as the address is clear of a current subscriber.

One way to get around that is 123 Bozo lane and 123A Bozo Lane. Say it's a garage apartment.

Just some ideas. No idea if they work.

Former Customer options

E* does have what are called former customer offers. The main requirements are that when the account was disconnected it was done voluntarily, not put into service interuptions leading to disconnection due to nonpayment, have a 0 balance, have none of your equipment from the previous account, and have been disconnected for at least 3 months. It is the equivilant of DHA and it would be much better to do itthat way then changing everything to setup a new account, security team doesn't like accounts that were setup in their wifes name.

I know his situation doesn't match this, but this is what they told me as a DHA customer:

-- Be a Dish customer for 6 months or more
-- After cancelling, wait at least 3 months
-- Old account must have $0 balance
-- Any equipment needs to have been returned

If you meet those, you can return as a "returning DHA customer".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)