reset everything on Directv H34 system

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Support Forum' started by CPhelp1, Jan 12, 2013.

1. CPhelp1

CPhelp1 Thread Starter New Member

Hello,

I received the Directv whole home system H34/700 with the w-cck and 2 addt'l clients. The technician linked it with my husband's work Verizon Jetpack MIFI until I could establish a wireless network with the verizon router sent in my bundle. When I went to swith over to the new network, the H34 wouldn't scan for any networks. I read many of the forums where my unit says swm connected but there isn't an internet connection. I followed the directions for using WPS button on my router and w-cck system. All green lights are good. Then I went to reset the H34 dvr receiver - I scrolled too fast and clicked reset everything. Now it keeps rolling the blue light on the front from 480 to 1080i. About an hour later, I started to panick and called directv. She said it is wiping it all clean and takes a long time. She wasn't concerned and said let it do its thing. How long should this take? It's been 2.5 hours so far.

Thank you for any info.

2. Iceberg

Iceberg The No Pain Train
    Supporting Founder

reset everything shouldnt take that long. When I moved I did that to find what dish setup was here at the apartment and it took maybe 20 minutes

On the right hand side of the HR34 there is a door. Press that to reveal a red button. Press red button and let go. System should reboot just fine (coming from a HR34 user...that red button can really be your friend)

You will have to set up series recordings and favorite list once you're back up and running

3. CPhelp1

CPhelp1 Thread Starter New Member

Iceberg,

Thank you for your help. I am happy to say we are back up and watching football. I am still having trouble with the network connection portion even though I did get the WPS connect to work. I will have to look at the other forums to see some ideas related to this.

VigLink badge
Sucuri