Review: Azbox Elite HD FTA Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
#3 It appears to be custom compiled with the 2.6.15 kernel as of the 0.9.2280 firmware. The 0.9.2880 is the latest firmware that has a compatible editor.

Is there a way to set the timers to go to a specific program or is this a future addition? From what I've been able to determine, you can tell the unit to turn off or on but you can't select a program channel. It makes no sense to provide a timer function without allowing you to select a specific program/channel.

While watching a channel push MENU Scroll down to "Reserve Record/Play" Push OK Their you will be able to pick what channel u want to record. It still is limited to one satellite though.

Since the AZBox Elite/premium do not have blind scan feature how do Elite/premium users pull in DVB-S2 SD/HD transponders? Can I use Coolsat 5000 to scan for DVB-S2 signal and the copy them to the Elite. How can DVB-S2 be identified? Just got my Elite.........just learning to use it! :D

Before I got the Vantage 1100S, my only source for DVB-S2 signals was finding it on some forum, here, or at Rick's or Lyngsat. Now I can blindscan with the 1100S. I used my CS8000 for aiming the dish at the DVB-S2 signal, the CS8000 is pretty good for that.
The CS5000 is not DVB-S2 compatible . Until blindscan comes to the AZbox, you're going to have to use manual entry of the tp's , when you discover them, by one means or another.
:)

Before I got the Vantage 1100S, my only source for DVB-S2 signals was finding it on some forum, here, or at Rick's or Lyngsat. Now I can blindscan with the 1100S. I used my CS8000 for aiming the dish at the DVB-S2 signal, the CS8000 is pretty good for that.
The CS5000 is not DVB-S2 compatible . Until blindscan comes to the AZbox, you're going to have to use manual entry of the tp's , when you discover them, by one means or another.
:)

Thanks brentb636............I was going in circles looking for those DVB-S2 Signals.

Last edited:
How do you access the channels that you have already added to FAV list ? I added some channels , now I dont know how to access them,
One more question although it may not be the place
I have this Azbox Elite , Invacome qph031 and WS9036 , on Galaxy 19, quality barely ever passes 50% , Is it the way it should be ?

I don't use "favorites" but to access them from awatching TV, Press "OK" and on the TABS at the top, you'll see the rightmost tab is FAV . That's where they are.
I will say that the signal strength meter on the AZbox is poor and very uninformative. One of the numerous little things that hopefully will be improved in upcoming firmware releases.

I don't use "favorites" but to access them from awatching TV, Press "OK" and on the TABS at the top, you'll see the rightmost tab is FAV . That's where they are.
I will say that the signal strength meter on the AZbox is poor and very uninformative. One of the numerous little things that hopefully will be improved in upcoming firmware releases.

I know where its located, Just dont know how to access it.

I know where its located, Just dont know how to access it.

I had the same problem. I could see the favorites tab but could never get to it...until...I found this quite by mistake (although it could be in the manual).

When you hit the ok button while watching tv, that screen will appear with the tabs across the top. When it is on the screen, hit the exit button and the top tab will now become highlighted. Then you can use the arrow keys to move over to the favorites tab.

Hope this helps.

Clint

I had the same problem. I could see the favorites tab but could never get to it...until...I found this quite by mistake (although it could be in the manual).

When you hit the ok button while watching tv, that screen will appear with the tabs across the top. When it is on the screen, hit the exit button and the top tab will now become highlighted. Then you can use the arrow keys to move over to the favorites tab.

Hope this helps.

Clint
Yes,It definitely helped, and No its not in the manual.
Thank you

Well just ordered one. Could you guys give me advice on which updates to use. Plan on ethernet to Verizon wireless router. Componet out to Sharp !2K , but don't know if it will output composite video at the same time to my JVC crt tv ?? Mainly watch fta Nascar stuff in the summer. Thanks for reading, waiting for some input. new toy : ) .

I would start with 9.2880 firmware , at the lowest, and download the editor of the same version.
All the video outputs are active all the time, on mine, HDMI, Component, Composite, rf out. It's a great toy ! :)

Why then AZBox brand owner OpenSat buys these from Dongsi and ships them all over Europe and Latin America? Were you thinking, OpenSat makes AZBox receivers in their company backyard in Portugal? :) How about this one: Hitopsat - one of the largest CN Sat. STB makers? I still wonder, who designed this receiver for OpenSat, and keeps developing hardware add-ons - probably, some smaller Korean company? It seems however, OpeSat is struggling to do AZBox firmware updates on its own, meaning mostly paying local European "3d party coders". ;)

P.S. The sales branch of Dongsi (Shenzhen E.S.T Technology) posted AZBox detail specs. Its DVB-S2 tuner is based on CX24116 demodulator, which does not incorporate blindscan circuitry (see spec. attached). It clears Blindscan promise for AZBox in foreseeable future. :)

Attachments

• Connexant CX24116 Demodulator.pdf
    805.5 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts