RF remote battery life.....

"This remote" isn't enough to go on.

Which remote are you asking about?

As far as I know, all DISH remotes have a model number on a label on the back. If you can't read the number, could you at least tell us what device it controls?

Never even gave it a thought for any of the remotes I have had over all these years from DISH. So I guess there isn't a problem.

Changed mine a couple weeks ago. First time I had to change those batteries since the hopper came out.

"This remote" isn't enough to go on.

Which remote are you asking about?

As far as I know, all DISH remotes have a model number on a label on the back. If you can't read the number, could you at least tell us what device it controls?

It controls a vip722. Seems to go for a month. The distance maybe 20 ft., two walls, 2 x 4 wall w/ wallboard nothing special.

Its info is as follows; 6.3, IR/UHF PRO, FCC id: dknfsk03, 143037.
My second one. Used in bedroom maybe two times a week on/off perhaps one channel or so.
The primary IR remote, is used more than I like:eeek but the batteries last a long time. Months.

Enough info?

rAy...

If only a month or so, bad remote or cheap batteries. Should be a minimum of 6 months.

This is my second one, the first did OK for years, but it seemed that they should last longer. It did seem to reduce life over that time until I got fed up changing them after a month, yes cheap batteries are cheap batteries.
On the other hand at my age 6 mths seems like a month, so perhaps????

rAy.....

"IIRC there were some remotes that chewed up batteries. I had one replaced by Dish on my 622 because of this issue."

Gives me hope, thanks.:amen

Any chance there is a hole in the case allowing the electrons to leak out over time?:sorry

I go through 3 sets a year of Duracell's or Eveready's best batteries but that's probably because I watch on delay or recordings to fast forward through commercials.:argue

I go through 3 sets a year of Duracell's or Eveready's best batteries but that's probably because I watch on delay or recordings to fast forward through commercials.:argue
For the VIP programmable remote for me just barely twice a year and we use it alot. If just for the room I am in with it maybe it lasts 9 to 10 months (As opposed to using it for the upstairs from downstairs)

My receiver is a VIP 612 and there's another downstairs for my wife's set. Probably could update our system but we're putting our home here (55441) on the market and moving somewhere even colder (58103) this spring hopefully.:biggrin2

The batteries on my HWS have lasted a long time. The batteries that Dish supplies sometimes do not last too long, but once you replace them with good alkaline cells, battery life is not a concern at all.

As someone else said earlier, rechargeable batteries do not work too well in the remotes. Rechargeable batteries are only 1.2 volts, and regular batteries are 1.5 volts. It does not take long for 1.2 volt batteries to discharge enough so that their voltage becomes unusable.

I have a 622 and the RF remote batteries last me at least a year. I have the 6.4 UHF/IR in the bedroom. This remote gets heavy usage. The only time I have an issue is when I have it near the laptop. There is RF interference that negatively affects range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)