Rumor Alert for 2015 Price Changes (Now CONFIRMED)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What's the point in raising the TV fee another 50 cents? I hope its funding some innovative software development or new features / toys to play with. I hate to see unwarranted increases. Programming I can understand as the programming suppliers costs have risen, so they are passing them on.

The one where people may want to consider dropping their "classic" package is the Xtra Classic. At one point there were 8 extra channels in it, at the same price. Today there are 4 extra channels in it at $1.50 more.

If you were after one of the sport channels in Xtra Classic, they have all been returned to the regular Xtra pack at $1.50 less than classic. NHL, Golf, Tennis, and CBS Sports.

The four that remain part of Ultimate that Xtra Classic sub's get: Boomerang, Chiller, Sprout, and Esquire.
So unless one of those 4 intrigue you, it may be time to hit the button on the website and save $18 a year.
I'm one of these people. I was just looking at DirecTV's website to find out what was the difference. Sprout is HUGE here...

I'm one of these people. I was just looking at DirecTV's website to find out what was the difference. Sprout is HUGE here...

I can relate to that, up until about 2-3 years ago Sprout was a mainstay in my home. They've grown to Disney and Nick now :)

DirecTV hiking prices ahead of AT&T deal's closing
Dec 29 2014, 17:23 ET | By: Eric Jhonsa, SA News Editor

Effective Feb. 5, DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV) will respectively raise the monthly baseline prices for its Entertainment, Xtra, Ultimate, and Premier packages by 3.5%, 5.5%, 6%, and 5.4% to $59.99, $79.99, $86.99, and $136.99. In addition, DirecTV has hiked its per-device fee for connected TV sets and set-tops by $0.50 to $6.50/month, and its surcharges for regional sports networks by up to $2.14/month.
The average price hike is bigger than last year's 3.7%. As one would expect, DirecTV, which has hiked prices every year for the last decade, blames higher programming costs. The satellite provider is less than a week removed from announcing a new multi-year deal with Disney/ESPN that covers online access. Like peers, it has had public disputes with network owners over carriage fees.
AT&T (NYSE:T), which expects to close its acquisition of DirecTV in 1H15, has argued the acquisition will lower U-verse content costs by at least 20%, as a result of having more scale. The company has also promised to keep offering DirecTV's services on a standalone basis at "prices that are the same for all customers" for at least three years following the deal's closing.
http://seekingalpha.com/news/219931...t-and-t-deals-closing?uide=8461831#email_link

DirecTV hiking prices ahead of AT&T deal's closing
Dec 29 2014, 17:23 ET | By: Eric Jhonsa, SA News Editor

Effective Feb. 5, DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV) will respectively raise the monthly baseline prices for its Entertainment, Xtra, Ultimate, and Premier packages by 3.5%, 5.5%, 6%, and 5.4% to $59.99, $79.99, $86.99, and $136.99. In addition, DirecTV has hiked its per-device fee for connected TV sets and set-tops by $0.50 to $6.50/month, and its surcharges for regional sports networks by up to $2.14/month.
The average price hike is bigger than last year's 3.7%. As one would expect, DirecTV, which has hiked prices every year for the last decade, blames higher programming costs. The satellite provider is less than a week removed from announcing a new multi-year deal with Disney/ESPN that covers online access. Like peers, it has had public disputes with network owners over carriage fees.
AT&T (NYSE:T), which expects to close its acquisition of DirecTV in 1H15, has argued the acquisition will lower U-verse content costs by at least 20%, as a result of having more scale. The company has also promised to keep offering DirecTV's services on a standalone basis at "prices that are the same for all customers" for at least three years following the deal's closing.
http://seekingalpha.com/news/219931...t-and-t-deals-closing?uide=8461831#email_link

CSR's dont know anything until after the fact. Usually increases are February and you'll see it in January's bill

As the D* side of things rise by 20% over the next 3 years ?

I'll let you know when the 20% comes OFF my subs bills .... ya right.

2011 it went from 5 to 6 bucks. I have a spreadsheet of all my Directv invoices and Feb 2011 is when the change happened

Just double checked my bills.

Strange it did not increase for me until 2013.

If they made some mistake, guess it is too late to ask for it now!

What's the point in raising the TV fee another 50 cents? I hope its funding some innovative software development or new features / toys to play with. I hate to see unwarranted increases. Programming I can understand as the programming suppliers costs have risen, so they are passing them on.

I too don't understand the TV fee increase? They haven't really added too many new things to the Genie have they?? It's almost like they're saying well we increased all the programming packages so why not the extra receivers why we're at it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too don't understand the TV fee increase? They haven't really added too many new things to the Genie have they?? It's almost like they're saying well we increased all the programming packages so why not the extra receivers why we're at it?

Well, if you go for the low side with an average of 3 TVs per house (the USA AVERAGE in 2012), first one included in base. 2 addtional = $1 extra a month x 20M customers= $20M+ a month for doing nothing.

Considering DTV customers are more upscale, change that $20M+ to $30M+ a month if 4TVs Average or $40M+ if 5 TVs Average.

Easy money for them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts