Samsung OLED sets at CES 2012

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Shots of the cool OLED ultra thin sets from the Samsung booth...

Attachments

• Samsung super OLED 1.JPG
    Samsung super OLED 1.JPG
    316.1 KB · Views: 429
  • Samsung super OLED.JPG
    Samsung super OLED.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0514.JPG
    IMG_0514.JPG
    882.7 KB · Views: 408
  • Samsung super OLED 2.JPG
    Samsung super OLED 2.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 418
Supposed to be out by year's end. But maybe just in Korea, with North American distribution in 2013. Maybe. Kinda. Sorta. Lot of doubt about exact timing. Very high price, to start with. But with LG, Samsung and maybe Panasonic all competing, we may see rapid price drops.

Supposed to be out by year's end. But maybe just in Korea, with North American distribution in 2013. Maybe. Kinda. Sorta. Lot of doubt about exact timing. Very high price, to start with. But with LG, Samsung and maybe Panasonic all competing, we may see rapid price drops.

Spoke to one LG rep today and he said the plan is 3rd qtr but they do not yet have a production model finalized. What was on display were 6 different and possible configurations for stands, but the connections were all hidden from view because that is not yet built, even for the show. What is finalized is the 4mm panel thickness, 55" and 3D OLED. He said that the press was reporting upwards of $10000 but they are considering an introduction price point of 1/5th that. All depends on the competition and they just won't have the final number until near release time.

The picture on this TV was amazing! (Panasonic also had a Plasma TV that had amazing picture, color and the darkest blacks I have ever seen on a plasma)

The only reason I was not too excited about this TV was because they kept saying it was a prototype showing proof of concept which to me means it will be a long time before we officially see it, if we see it.

Once this is released though... I want one! :D

Let's see, if your first year of production is rather limited, and you can sell all you can make at $2,000 or $5,000 or maybe even $10,000 - why would you even consider a low price? Stockholders would unquestionably sue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts