Samsung TV RVU question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
I have a Genie (HR34) with a genie client in the kitchen and an HR24 in the bedroom. I want to add a TV down in the basement (exercise area). I was thinking of getting a small Samsung that's "DirecTV Ready".
I have a wired network connection, power, and an OTA Antenna connection right on the wall where I'd be putting the TV.

I'm looking for a little feedback on how the "TV-as-RVU-client" is working for anyone else who is doing this.

I was just reading an earlier thread about this (a couple of pages back) ... I guess the consensus is just get a dumb TV and get a client since you'll end up renewing contract anyway plus the rvu software is updated by the manufacturer and not directv.

I have a smart TV. You can actually add on a smart TV without it renewing your contract. I asked about this before about my tv and verified again after I purchased and activated the tv.

I have a Genie (HR34) with a genie client in the kitchen and an HR24 in the bedroom. I want to add a TV down in the basement (exercise area). I was thinking of getting a small Samsung that's "DirecTV Ready".
I have a wired network connection, power, and an OTA Antenna connection right on the wall where I'd be putting the TV.

I'm looking for a little feedback on how the "TV-as-RVU-client" is working for anyone else who is doing this.
The last I saw -- 42" was the smallest screen.

I have the RVU setup working and my only complaint is the 30-45 seconds it takes for TV to kick in from a cold start. Otherwise it's pretty stable

Neat option but we went with running hdmi over cat 6 and use dual HDMI out on the receiver or pass through depending on our needs. Can't see paying $6 a month forever without any equipment from them.

Neat option but we went with running hdmi over cat 6 and use dual HDMI out on the receiver or pass through depending on our needs. Can't see paying $6 a month forever without any equipment from them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)