SAT and Cable on same Coax?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

This1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Florida
In the past I was able to use a splitter for satellite and basic cable tv.

With the newer satellite frequency and equipment is this still possible if so what splitter is needed.

The easy and official answer is no, however, if you are not using MoCA/MRV, I.e. A genie and clients or sharing your DVR playlist I believe it is possible. You will need to know what frequencies your cable system is using and make sure nothing overlaps with 2.3 MHz (not likely) and 950-2150 MHz. The proper term would be a diplexer instead of a splitter.

You need to use a Sonora d3 diplexor and as stated you cannot use mrv, clients, or send an Internet connection (via deca) on that line in particular.

If this is the main in line to the house and proceeds the directv splitter there shouldn't be an issue.

If your trying to run a cable modem and dtv box on the same line in a room then your pretty much limited... it won't work with a client at all and won't allow Playlist sharing via moca.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)