Satellite from brazil

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good Question... Looking at satbeams.com, the footprints of I-11 & SES-6 show a possibility of coverage on C-Band to western US. Your best answer would be from someone on the west coast who could try or has tried to get these. Good Luck!

Any guy in Southern CA? - These probably right on the edge of the horizon, so anything blocking a Line of Sight to the low horizon will stop these...

RIck 36,

My location is Minneapolis MN and I can pick up 40.5, 45, and 47. I cannot pick up 43 and is this a circular broadcast satellite?

Even if on a mtn top or tall building, there would still be too much TI.

For San Diego, the 40.5w satellite will be 2.5 degrees above the horizon and 43w is 4.6 degrees. If you have an absolutely clear line of sight to a magnetic compass heading of 87 degrees, you might have a slim chance of receiving 43w at compass reading 85.6 degrees. Highly unlikely to receive 40.5w as there is too much earth noise that close to the horizon.

This web site will be helpful when trying to determine where the satellites at in the sky: http://www.dishpointer.com/

Rick 36,

I can pick up almost everything from 40.5w. 40.5 is a great satellite with lots of unencrypted channels. It appears mostly from south America. I just clicked through most of the channels and noticed most of them have lots of beautiful Latin / Brazilian woman. I could not understand what they are saying but they looked good

Reactions: danristheman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)