satellite loses signal when it rains

ghr1961

Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
I have Dish (HD) and when it rains I lose signal a lot. I understand that if it rains hard I could lose the signal, but it does not have to be raining hard for me to lose it. A couple of weeks ago, I lost signal for approximately 2 hours in a 3 hour period. During this rain a friend of mine (he has dish HD also) only lost signal for a couple of minutes. I have had a tech look at it and he adjusted the dish so it would get the best signal, but it did not help. Any ideas? Do they make a bigger dish?

A properly adjusted sat dish will not lose signal in rain, unless it is a torential down pour and once the rain settles back down into a steady rain, but not a fierce one, the picture will come back. I have the dish 1000.2 sat dish with a side sat for 61.5 . I don't use the 129 lnb as the sat is crap. It rained all weekend long here in southeast Texas and we only lost the sat signal for about 30 seconds and it came back. I also kept my ota signal on so I wouldn't lose the picture during the rain. I used pip to see that we lost the sat signal when the rain got very harsh and once it settled back down the sat picture came back .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts