SatGuys Game Clip Sharing Thread

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Since the PS4 and Xbox One and arguably PC have super easy clip saving/sharing capabilities, I thought it'd be cool to have a thread where we could share our best/worst/funniest moments.

This was from today when I was playing Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on PS4. I made it to the first main boss and had an epic battle, although I did screw up a few times in the battle. The ending was heartbreaking but it was one of those things that you just have to watch and laugh at.

Well, that was a heartbreaker. I've never made it nearly that far into the game.

This thread was a cool idea. I've got quite a few clips saved on Xbox One and I linked to some of them from our adventures in The Master Chief Collection. One Drive was down the day I tried to put them into YouTube so I could embed them here.

I don't really have any clips saved from PS4 because when the system was brand new and I tried to do it you could only export them to Facebook. I wasn't aware that you could put them directly into YouTube now. I've had some pretty badass Advanced Warfare moments I would have recorded if I knew about this. I now have Share Factory downloading for easy editing and exporting of any future game moments.

This thread gives me as good a reason as any to play around with this whole sharing dee-lee-o ...

While not nearly as challenging as clearing the later levels of The Binding of Isaac, I am sure, honey badgers are the most vicious and lethal enemies in Far Cry 4. If you think I am (or the game is) kidding about honey badgers, check out the first few minutes of the PBS Nature documentary on them on Netflix streaming.

Gulo is a very special honey badger in FC4 (you'll already find dozens of videos on this hunting quest on YouTube). This video exposes my pathetic attempt to subdue this creature. While watching, note how the game gibes the player requiring three confirmations before launching this mission (none of the other hunting missions do this). Video spoiler alert: third time was the charm for me. :redface

It doesn't help that the game requires you to do it with an LMG rifle, which has a lot of kick back. I almost exclusively use a shotgun, grenade launcher, sniper rifle, or bow. BTW, normal badgers in FC4 require 4-5 direct hits with the sniper rifle before going down; most human enemies, only one to the head or torso.

Reactions: king3pj
Nice! I like how the Far Cry series always tells you to "skin" animals. Then when you do it the player just cuts a hunk of meat out and leaves the skin/fur behind. That looks nearly identical to Far Cry 3 on PC.

I'm currently still playing Dragon Age. It's more of a methodical game without a lot of good recording moments that don't involvle the story so I probaby won't have much to contribute here until I move to something else.

Nice! I like how the Far Cry series always tells you to "skin" animals. Then when you do it the player just cuts a hunk of meat out and leaves the skin/fur behind. That looks nearly identical to Far Cry 3 on PC.

One of the biggest criticisms I've heard of FC4 is that it's pretty much a re-skinned (;)) FC3 -- which is a good or bad thing I guess depending on how you feel about FC3 and the prospect of more of the same (with the addition of riding elephants, flying around in buzzers, and exploring a very scenic Himalayan environment rendered in current gen graphics). Another addition to the new installment, I understand, is Borderlands-style drop-in campaign co-op play. (I think in FC3, the co-op elements were limited to specific missions separate from the main campaign.)

I actually don't mind that the "skinning" animation only shows him putting a chunk of meat in his bait bag given how often you need to kill animals in the game for specific quests, money, crafting upgrades, and bait. Any more would just be overkill (another pun intended).

One of the biggest criticisms I've heard of FC4 is that it's pretty much a re-skinned (;)) FC3 -- which is a good or bad thing I guess depending on how you feel about FC3 and the prospect of more of the same (with the addition of riding elephants, flying around in buzzers, and exploring a very scenic Himalayan environment rendered in current gen graphics). Another addition to the new installment, I understand, is Borderlands-style drop-in campaign co-op play. (I think in FC3, the co-op elements were limited to specific missions separate from the main campaign.)

I actually don't mind that the "skinning" animation only shows him putting a chunk of meat in his bait bag given how often you need to kill animals in the game for specific quests, money, crafting upgrades, and bait. Any more would just be overkill (another pun intended).

I'm fine with the animation too. I don't need to see some realistic animal skinning animation. I just think it's funny that they say you are skinning them and then focus on putting a hunk of meat with no skin in the middle of the camera.

It's nitpicky and it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the series in any way I just always wondered why they didn't leave it with the cutting part of the animation they already show you. There is no reason for them to show you putting a chunk of meat in your bag. It's not like they were going for realism because those big rhino skins wouldn't fit in a backpack anyways.

I'm fine with the animation too. I don't need to see some realistic animal skinning animation. I just think it's funny that they say you are skinning them and then focus on putting a hunk of meat with no skin in the middle of the camera.

It's nitpicky and it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the series in any way I just always wondered why they didn't leave it with the cutting part of the animation they already show you. There is no reason for them to show you putting a chunk of meat in your bag. It's not like they were going for realism because those big rhino skins wouldn't fit in a backpack anyways.

Not to mention the animation (chunk size) is the same whether you are skinning a rhino, elephant, wild dog, or honey badger, and whether or not your bait bag is already full.

Given that and how big the world is, I'm pleasantly surprised how well they disguise the reuse of assets in the environment. Obviously things like loot chests will all look the same, as well as the general look, decor, and feel of outposts, villages, caves, temples, etc. But I never feel like I've already been in this same exact spot five times as I make my way across the map. For example, due to variations in surrounding geography and layout of each complex, I can usually distinguish the specific outpost I'm respawning in after a death that takes place during free roam.

I wanted to participate in this thread so I recorded a few clips from Advanced Warfare today. I took a couple of them and edited them together with Share Factory and then uploaded to Youtube. It was a relatively simple process. You might notice that I accidentally killed one of my teammates in the very first clip. In my defense, he shot at me first. There isn't anything super special about any of the clips I chose. They were just a few of my better moments from today.

I wanted to participate in this thread so I recorded a few clips from Advanced Warfare today. I took a couple of them and edited them together with Share Factory and then uploaded to Youtube. It was a relatively simple process. You might notice that I accidentally killed one of my teammates in the very first clip. In my defense, he shot at me first. There isn't anything super special about any of the clips I chose. They were just a few of my better moments from today.

Nice kill streaks! Thanks for making my three attempts to kill an unarmed mammal the size a lap dog look even more pathetic. ;)

Reactions: king3pj

Here are my Rambo moments in Advanced Warfare from last night. The first clip is my first ever Triple Kill Medal and the second clip is my first ever 4 Kill Medal. I have gone on streaks much longer than that many times but you have to get the kills really close together to count as a Triple Kill or 4 Kill.

The funny part is that I have put probably 50-60 hours into Advanced Warfare multiplayer and I'm a level or two from prestiging for the third time and I had never got these medals. When I finally did I got them both in the same night. Say what you will about COD but pulling off stuff like this in multiplayer is extremely satisfying.

More COD highlights from last night. You can see that the first clip was pure luck with me getting kills despite of my poor shooting. Still 10+ killstreaks are really rare for me so I recorded it.

If I can figure out how Nvidia's Shadowplay stuff works I'll throw some of the craziness that happens in Witcher 3 up here. I've already had some good moments but I didn't have Shadowplay enabled and I haven't tried to use it yet.

Nice! I'd say that kill of that guy moving behind the sign (third to last one) was pretty good shooting.

I keep forgetting this functionality. I should've recorded my so-called "boss" encounter (or should I say barbeque) at the end of TLOUR last night
clearing all the rooms of Firefly soldiers leading up to rescuing Elie and the tunnel with the three bloaters just before that
, which I got through in my first go. Molotovs and the flamethrower are my friend.

Nice! I'd say that kill of that guy moving behind the sign (third to last one) was pretty good shooting.

I keep forgetting this functionality. I should've recorded my so-called "boss" encounter (or should I say barbeque) at the end of TLOUR last night
clearing all the rooms of Firefly soldiers leading up to rescuing Elie and the tunnel with the three bloaters just before that
, which I got through in my first go. Molotovs and the flamethrower are my friend.

Thanks! I saw that you were playing TLoU when I was online last night. If you add that game to your list of Platinums I'll be impressed. I think I only had about 3 of the trophies over my entire playthrough of the game.

For me, the part that was worse than the final shootout or any of the combat sections was the part where you have to escape in the snowstorm without fighting back. I failed that section so many times that I started to wonder if I would ever finish the game.

I have thought about going back to replay the game many times. It was my GOTY for that year and I'd like to experience it again on PS4. The hatred I feel for that section makes me hesitate to jump in every time. I'll get there someday.

Thanks! I saw that you were playing TLoU when I was online last night. If you add that game to your list of Platinums I'll be impressed. I think I only had about 3 of the trophies over my entire playthrough of the game.

For me, the part that was worse than the final shootout or any of the combat sections was the part where you have to escape in the snowstorm without fighting back. I failed that section so many times that I started to wonder if I would ever finish the game.

I have thought about going back to replay the game many times. It was my GOTY for that year and I'd like to experience it again on PS4. The hatred I feel for that section makes me hesitate to jump in every time. I'll get there someday.

What section are you referring to?
I'm pretty sure I fought my way through every part of the snowstorm sections as both Elie and Joel in order to clear areas to search for collectibles

The platinum is out of the question for me for this game due to the long, grindy online trophies. Depending how my new game plus play through on normal goes, I may, however, go for a survivor run on new game plus (there's an exploit that lets you play in new game plus mode on any difficulty you haven't unlocked yet, including grounded). At the very least, I want to get all the collectible trophies. As diligent as I thought I was, I only got around 75%. I didn't realize those Firefly pendants are sometimes located underwater and up in trees. I should've know better, this being a Naughty Dog game.

What section are you referring to?
I'm pretty sure I fought my way through every part of the snowstorm sections as both Elie and Joel in order to clear areas to search for collectibles

The platinum is out of the question for me for this game due to the long, grindy online trophies. Depending how my new game plus play through on normal goes, I may, however, go for a survivor run on new game plus (there's an exploit that lets you play in new game plus mode on any difficulty you haven't unlocked yet, including grounded). At the very least, I want to get all the collectible trophies. As diligent as I thought I was, I only got around 75%. I didn't realize those Firefly pendants are sometimes located underwater and up in trees. I should've know better, this being a Naughty Dog game.
Hmm... It's been a couple years since I played the game now. Maybe I was making things more difficult than I had to. I thought you had to sneak out through a snow storm after the fight with David.

Maybe fighting was an option but every time I tried to I just ended up getting destroyed. There were so many of them and if I was spotted it was game over. I remember trying to sneak past everyone over and over again and not being able to quickly find the exit because of the snow. When I replay the game I'll try taking everyone out with stealth instead of sneaking past and see if that is any easier.

Edit: I also remember it being about 3:00AM by the time I finished the game. I was determined to finish before I went to bed but I remember thinking I was close to the end around midnight. If I would have realized I had 3 more hours to go I probably would have let it sit another day.

The 5 or 6 hour marathon I ended up doing that night may have been a big part of the reason I was so frustrated by the end of the game.

Hmm... It's been a couple years since I played the game now. Maybe I was making things more difficult than I had to. I thought you had to sneak out through a snow storm after the fight with David.

Maybe fighting was an option but every time I tried to I just ended up getting destroyed. There were so many of them and if I was spotted it was game over. I remember trying to sneak past everyone over and over again and not being able to quickly find the exit because of the snow. When I replay the game I'll try taking everyone out with stealth instead of sneaking past and see if that is any easier.

Edit: I also remember it being about 3:00AM by the time I finished the game. I was determined to finish before I went to bed but I remember thinking I was close to the end around midnight. If I would have realized I had 3 more hours to go I probably would have let it sit another day.

The 5 or 6 hour marathon I ended up doing that night may have been a big part of the reason I was so frustrated by the end of the game.

Yeah, if you're talking about the sequence playing as Elie when all she had was a knife and a gun that can be picked up from one of the downed enemies, It did take me several tries. I ended up killing most of them in gunfights since ample ammo gets dropped from the dead enemies, as I found stealth in this game very difficult.

In fact, the poor stealth mechanics in this game may very well be a major reason I won't be beating this on Survivor difficulty (where resources are more scarce). The "listening" radar is broken (enemies well within range pop in and out of view), you can't do a stealth take down on stairs apparently, half the time I threw an object to create a distraction the enemy didn't go where I expected him to, and the clicker movements and reactions are way too unpredictable. Normally stealth is my default mode, but in those last sequences of the game, I said "F" this and started spamming molotovs and mines.

I have some more sad Binding of Isaac: Rebirth clips..

Unlike the last clip I posted, this isn't sad because I lost, but rather because I had such an awesome character and it saddens me that my quest had to stop before the "real" end of the game. I Mean look how dominant I was not only on Mom's heart but also in a boss room where I literally had to fight every sub-boss in the game.

That game is insane. I've played a lot of hours of it and both clips had something I've never seen before. In the first video it took me a minute to even know what your attack was. I've never seen anything like that second video either. The sheer number of power ups and the combinations you can make with them are pretty ridiculous.

Yeah at first I just had the tear that you could control with the right analog stick, so it was just persistent damage but the range/speed was pretty short. But THEN I got the laser upgrade and it was like Godzilla GMK mode. Like I said, the worst part for me was that I'm quite sure I could have gotten to the REAL end with that setup, and to see it all gone made me feel so sad. It's like being bumped up to first class on an international flight, and then having to go back to coach on your way back. I haven't had the heart (no pun intended) to boot up the game since. I definitely will at some point, but it'll be a little while.

One last note about Rebirth: You know those "Seed" codes that you can enter and also show up during games? Well, it appears many of them have been identified and can be entered. Unfortunately, none of them are really helpful to gameplay. In fact most of them will make the game harder, but I figured I may as well share them, as some do have various goofy effects that people might like.

http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Seeds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts