Sathero SH-100HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
primestar31 said:
Yes I did, but i haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'm re-doing my c-band dish, so should get that chance later this week. It has a Russian user manual it came with! However, I got an English one emailed to me from an Australian user. It also came with a European 100-220 volt 50 - 60Hz adapter, with those odd round prongs/plug on it, and no adapter to change the prongs for the US. However, you can power it from your receiver inline through coax, or use one of those dual 9 volt battery adapter plugs. I ordered an American power adapter plug from Ebay for like $2.00, just to have one.

It only took 2 days to get from China to New York, and then 10 days to get from New York to Mid-Michigan! Go figure...

Great, will you post some pics of the display when powered on later this week.

Look forward to hearing how it works out.

Here are some preliminary pics. click on one and it'll open as larger into a photo layout:

prof-digital-satellite-finder-sf-500-1.jpg prof digital satellite finder sf500 2.jpg prof-digital-satellite-finder-sf-500.jpg
prof-digital-satellite-finder-sf-500.jpg prof-digital-satellite-finder-sf-500.jpg prof-digital-satellite-finder-sf-500.jpg
prof-digital-satellite-finder-sf-500.jpg prof-digital-satellite-finder-sf-500.jpg prof-digital-satellite-finder-sf-500.jpg

This is the same meter, just repackaged by a US reseller for quite a bit higher price:

Last edited by a moderator:
FedEx ground guy was here bright and early.

Attachments

• sathero4.JPG
    sathero4.JPG
    638 KB · Views: 337
  • sathero1.JPG
    sathero1.JPG
    889.6 KB · Views: 309
  • sathero3.JPG
    sathero3.JPG
    815.7 KB · Views: 296
Software update is like pie in the sky.

1- You plug usb cable into computer and meter.
2- Meter comes up as a drive letter.
3- you copy .bin or .xls file over
4- unplug usb cable from meter.
5- That's it your done

Attachments

• meter_update.jpg
    meter_update.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 368
Well how does it work?

ke4est said:
Well how does it work?

Yes sir. On the road tonight so I only had about 30 mins of testing so far it's looking good.

Meter is working good so far only about 3 hours playing with it.

I had to call the tech line (BOO) because I could not find the sathero.exe after about 10 mins on the phone I found the file myself in the SH-500G_V20120825-sw.zip file so I suggested perhaps they list it under the SH-100HD section. (That makes sense to me :confused:) "sathero.exe is used to convert .xls to file that you drag and drop"

I was able to line up SES 1 TPG no problem very easy. Will post more in next few days.

Attachments

• hd100.JPG
    hd100.JPG
    658.9 KB · Views: 249
Try some DVBS-2 signals and let me know how it works.

either...dark unsweet tea is most preferred though..;)

Yup can't sleep and I'm a video guy :) Come on Melatonin.

And now its raining so no more today BOO!!!:eek::(

rrob311 said:
do you have to hook this meter up to a receiver to power it or can you use it by itself?

It's powered from receiver.

sathero 100hd

I purchased a sathero 100 from China and when it arrived found the DMS would not support it so the search was on found a site that had the software but the USA satellite map was bad so I am making my ownView attachment tp am mod 3.xls
The 100 will only accept 20 satellites and more will cause a lock up. It will not test 8k turbo and 129 has a sd tp for locating satellite. My meter is now working as advertised and worth $33 delivered.

Company link for converter from DB to sathero, file is dragged over to load sat finder.

http://www.sat-hero.com/index.php?ac=article&at=list&tid=251

just ordered a Sathero SH-100HD ..just wondering if the guys on the forum are happy with this meter...or not happy with it??? appreciate the input...Thanks everyone..and Happy Newyear!!

I purchased a sathero 100 from China and when it arrived found the DMS would not support it so the search was on found a site that had the software but the USA satellite map was bad so I am making my ownView attachment 93816
The 100 will only accept 20 satellites and more will cause a lock up. It will not test 8k turbo and 129 has a sd tp for locating satellite. My meter is now working as advertised and worth $33 delivered.

Company link for converter from DB to sathero, file is dragged over to load sat finder.

http://www.sat-hero.com/index.php?ac=article&at=list&tid=251
Wild, thanks for posting your satellite list. I noticed on the
Dishnet 119 and 110, you are using V and H instead of R for right and L for left. Is there a reason for that?
O.K. figured it out, it is suppose to be like that.

Last edited:
Meter Works Great

Well I tried the meter after making a short list, since I only have Dishnetwork, and have not set up my FTA.
It worked great, meter very easy to use. But you do need the receiver for power. Looking into a battery pack.

Just a little bit of information about the Sathero SH100. It does not play well with Linux. I could not get it to update the satellite list when I copied the converted Excel file to it with Linux. When I used a virtual machine running Windows 2000, it took just as advertised. Thought this little bit of info might help someone down the road. And maybe save a little hair.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts