Status
Please reply by conversation.

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
So brand new.... electric fireplace tv stand.. and the cable box compartment features a directv hr10.... new tv stand ancient cable box in picture.

20141118_100644.jpg

20141118_100651.jpg

Does the fine print say "dvr not included because it's so damn old"?

I guarantee you that it is one of those plastic props like you see in a furniture store for the displays of furniture.

On another note, why would you put a TV on top of a heater

Well, if you USE the fireplace your taking your expensive TV and heating up the electronics way more than it should ... eventually that will cause issues with the TV electronics.

Before ya all say No it won't, I'm just explaining the issues, not telling people what to do.

Reactions: bobvick
Ours has been for years and currently is sitting on top of our gas fireplace. Most of the hear radiates out and up to the front, much like it would in this case I would imagine.

Any extra heat over what it would get by just being close by in the room would be negligible.

Don't hate on VCR's! I still have one. Admittedly, it's just a clock 99% of the time...
I know people who have TVs above fireplaces. I can't imagine it's good for them. I agree with Jimbo - I would absolutely not do it. Leave it to Walmart...

Umm tvs go over fireplaces all the time.. it just depends on the spacing..
I had many service calls where overheating was the issue. Most of these were receivers placed in an above the fireplace niche.
Not only could the heat from the fireplace affect the IRD, heat generated by the TV as well.
Even the heat from the lowest of flame settings ( gas fireplace) could be felt rising up into the niche.
IMO, no piece of electronics should be placed near a heat source.

We have an electric fireplace stand much like this one. The heat is blown out of the front, and neither the shelf or top get even the slightest bit warm. Last year after several days below zero our gas meter froze, and between our 2 electric fireplaces we were able to keep our main floor warm while we waited to get it fixed.

First thing I do when I see products like these is read customer reviews online first

Not just simply buy it because it looks nice, although you could always return it but would be a pain to take it apart
Much less assembling everything then you didn't like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.