screen quality on OmegaSat DSB-6000U

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AdamA

Original poster
Aug 27, 2014
Greetings everyone,

I installed a satellite system about 6 years ago. It worked great. Sadly, I put another device on top of the receiver and on one hot day, it got over heated and burned up. That was 3 years ago. I recently bought a OmegaSat DSB-6000U, hooked up the cable from the dish and did a auto search. Worked great. So far so good.

The problem I'm having is that the picture keeps turning from color to black and white. The black and white has this checkered pattern. Wiggling of the wires doesn't seem to help. It doesn't appear to be a loose connection. The OmegaSat is connected directly to the TV set via red, white and yellow push-in wires. There is no noticeable affect on the sound quality when it turns black and white - just the picture. After a few seconds it turns back to color...then B&W.

Any ideas? Is it the dish? The receiver? Something else?
Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a decoding / display problem with the receiver. Confirm by connecting to another TV and see if the problem follows.

The company who distributed this, WSI is no longer in business, so no warranty. If the unit has failed and within the warranty period, check with the reseller for possible resolution.

An interesting experiment, if I am looking at the correct image of the rear panel of that receiver, might be to hook up the RF out to your TV if possible. You'll be able to see the picture on channel 3 or 4. It's the same basic signal that's coming out on the yellow connector, just modulated up. It might indicate if it's a decoder problem in the box if it continues to occur.

On the other hand and as a bonus, if it fixes the issue and you can live with it, then it could be a valid solution.

Reactions: AdamA
Welcome to Satguys, Adam A!

It could possibly be the TV. I'd try another TV if possible, and different cables. Make sure that you're plugging into the correct inputs on the TV too, not HD inputs if you're only using composite, [yellow, red and black cable.

Reactions: AdamA
Thanks all. The issue was with the TV I'm guessing. I fixed it by cycling through the PAL NTSC, etc. on the receiver. After that, all color. Go figure...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts