SD channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
Is every channel available in standard def ? including sports packages like ticket center ice etc and premiers like hbo etc

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Is every channel available in standard def ? including sports packages like ticket center ice etc and premiers like hbo etc

No, D* has a section of channels that are HD Only.
Not sure about the SD for the Sports packages ... If I were to take a guess I would say Yes, but it's been so long since I intentionally looked at a SD channel when HD is available that I really am not sure.

looks like only a handfull of them are hd only and nothing really game changing.. got a buddy in the north who is right at the tip of the footprint for 99 and 103 so I was curious

Not every channel is available in SD; most Cinemax channels are HD only, some Starz as well, same with Showtime, Encore, and HBO. Most are available in HD, however.

As far as national goes, as you said, only a handful of them are HD only. Depending on where he lives, his locals may required MPEG4 equipment, however.

looks like only a handfull of them are hd only and nothing really game changing.. got a buddy in the north who is right at the tip of the footprint for 99 and 103 so I was curious

Might want to check out Dish Network's 129W or 61.5W bird coverage, he might could get HD that way. Is he in Canada? I think those satellites have more of an over the border coverage than the Ka DTV birds.

my buddy is moving to la loche Saskatchewan Canada , looking at the footprint for 101 on sat beams , anyone know if he could get decent signal there if he gets a bigger dish ? What kind of LNB would he need and would it work with an H24 ?

That's on the edge of reception for a standard dish. The Alaska/Hawaii dish might work there, but only for sd channels.

yip only looking for SD at this point just single reception of 101

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts