SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know that the SEC is better known for football and that is all everyone is talking about, but I'm in Kentucky and as crazy Bama fans are about Bama football,Wildcat fans are crazy about Wildcat basketball. Kentucky football I believe is finally headed in right direction, but will never be as big as the basketball team.

Everyone is only concerned with start of football season, but around here everyone is worried about the Aug. 14th launch date cause UK has a live basketball game that day and next two days after. Many here will NOT miss those games.

It's hard for people outside of SEC territory to understand how big and how important college football and basketball are here.

As much as I would hate to leave Directv. I would have to consider it.

i've lived in florida over 50 years. and i briefly attended the university of florida. although, i have been a huge gator fan since steve spurrier played there in the 60's, i'm not losing sleep if this channel doesn't go live on dtv on august 14th.

If Directv if rumors are true, signing a long-term deal, they should come out and announce it, There's a lot of college football fans that want to know before they decide on switching providers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Plus Dish and Comcast are pressuring potential customers with SEC Network in the new customer offers.

If Directv if rumors are true, signing a long-term deal, they should come out and announce it, There's a lot of college football fans that want to know before they decide on switching providers.

as scott has said, directv will make an announcement when the contract is final. i have been to a few SEC football message boards this morning. two different people were told the deal was done and SEC network would be in the xtra package. apparently, the information came from frontline csr's and not supervisors.

Reactions: texasfb
the first game isn't until august 28. yet there are a plethura of people who say they will switch providers if a deal isn't reached by august 1. i was in the military too many years. i know the meaning of hurry up and wait. i'm not going anywhere.

that said i would hope bright house will be on board by the end of august. i also have cable beside dtv.

That "August 1" deadline is likely those subscribers leaving a window in between that specific date, and the scheduled launch of SEC Network on August 14, for taking the steps to officially switch providers.

as scott has said, directv will make an announcement when the contract is final. i have been to a few SEC football message boards this morning. two different people were told the deal was done and SEC network would be in the xtra package. apparently, the information came from frontline csr's and not supervisors.
Do you think it will have to be on that package for people outside the south or all customers?

JIMBO THIS BOARD IS ABOUT D ADDING THE SEC CHANNEL.I EXPECT A REMARK LIKE THIS FROM YOU .A OHIO BUCKEYE .WHO IN HELL DOES OHIO STATE PLAY?
Bring it on big boy ...
You might want to move to the Sport section for this though.

After all this is a forum about the sec coming to D*....

Then again that was covered by someone else a little earlier.

Btw, Bama plays the same junk teams OSU does ... look at the almighty sec .... the top is damn good most years, but the rest resemble the rest of the big ten ....

Reactions: osu1991
May be an announcement sometime today on another provider per Paul Finebaum.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Brighthouse and Time warner have signed on.

Direct and Charter are the last 2 biggies. I would expect announcement from one or both within next 7-10 days.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
john ourand of sports business journal said again today he expects dtv to have the channel on the air by the aug 28 game between south carolina and texas a&m. he was the only one saying last week time warner was close to a deal.

It looks intentional to announce these providers within a 7-10 day time period. The last 3 anyway.
Contracts get done when they get done. Keeping the network in the news week by week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)